: Great Handling !!

larryk
12-01-10, 07:14 PM
We wanted to get out of the house yesterday, so we went in to Las Vegas to see a movie, and on the way back, it was dark already, coming through Red Rock Canyon (the shortcut) with the cruise set at 52 (the speed limit on the scenic route is 50), and there directly in front of me, on this pitch black road (there are no lights on this 15 mile stretch of canyon road), was this horse sized burrow walking from left to right directly in front of me. I slammed on the brakes, and veered to the left, and around it, I think that I missed it only by an inch, and I don’t think that an inch is an exaggeration.
I don’t want to think about the damage if there had been a direct hit, or if there had been another car in the other lane.
This thing really was taller than the hood of the car, and I’m sure it would have totaled the Cadillac (I could have seen if On-Star would have automatically summoned help…No Thanks…)
The SRX handled perfectly, and responded / recovered quickly, now if it would only remember my seat memory settings (sorry, I couldn't resist)...

TheCaptain
12-01-10, 09:26 PM
I know, i love the handling of this unit! :D

PJ1520
12-03-10, 08:51 AM
Larry........I was glad to read you and yours dodged this bullet. Not 2 miles from my house I passed a single vehicle accident scene at 6:30 in the morning. The State Police and fire department were just arriving on the scene. On the news later I heard that the woman driving the car had died.....she had hit a deer and it went right through her windshield.

Sometimes we postulate about how automotive technological improvements have reached the point where we're spending far too much money to acquire or to maintain a vehicle that has become too complex, for no apparent or reasonable functional gain. The handling of your vehicle when you needed it most may have saved your lives.

It only has to work once............

PJ