: Can a torn plenum cause P0106?

Jailtime
12-01-10, 05:52 PM
I'm getting P0106 (MAP sensor) and P0506 (Low idle speed) at random times in my STS. I'm pretty sure that I know the cause of the P0506, the Caddy dealership said my IAC is bad. But the P0106 is a tough one. I had the same code when there was a leak where the original resonator meets the intake duct. I butt plugged the intake duct recently. The duct fits the TB snugly, I don't see any other problems.

Can I use Berryman B-12 TB cleaner to spray at the bottom of the plenum to test it?

If the plenum is bad, how tough is it to replace? Most complicated things I've replaced on this STS are the fuel pump and FPR.

Ranger
12-01-10, 11:05 PM
A think it could cause the P0106 code. If Berryman B-12 TB cleaner is volatile, you can use it. If you can replace a fuel pump, you can replace the plenum duct.

Submariner409
12-02-10, 12:29 AM
Remove and clean the IAC top hat and throttlebody bore with TB cleaner and a lint free rag. Use a tad of engine oil on the IAC O-ring.

Check the MAP connector - it's the rubbery thingy on the top of the TB casting - held in by a tang on the throttle cable bracket.

Check the duct connection clamps at the MAF and TB.

Jailtime
12-08-10, 05:34 PM
Remove and clean the IAC top hat and throttlebody bore with TB cleaner and a lint free rag. Use a tad of engine oil on the IAC O-ring.

Check the MAP connector - it's the rubbery thingy on the top of the TB casting - held in by a tang on the throttle cable bracket.

Check the duct connection clamps at the MAF and TB.

Hey Sub, I cleaned the TB a couple months ago. Cleaned up the IAC at that time too, that part seems to be bad though. The P0106 usually shows up along with P0506 (low idle speed). Maybe the IAC causes the 0106? I've checked all the connections for tightness.

tonecapone
03-30-12, 09:57 PM
Has the vehicle stalled at all??