: navigation favorites

doctormstein1
12-01-10, 02:28 PM
Does anyone know how to save some navigation destination as a favorite? thanks

stevec5375
12-01-10, 04:49 PM
See page 61 of the Navigation Manual under "Favorites" section.

algiorda
12-02-10, 07:02 AM
The quick answer is after you press "Address Entry" and enter your destination, press the "MARK" option. That will save your entry in the Address Book. Then you can "EDIT" that entry in the Address book and give it a proper name and even a telephone number. You can then use Hands Free calling to call that number. You can also give it a voice tag so that you can retrieve the address book entry with your voice.

Hope that helps.....

Al

stevec5375
12-02-10, 08:58 AM
The quick answer is after you press "Address Entry" and enter your destination, press the "MARK" option. That will save your entry in the Address Book. Then you can "EDIT" that entry in the Address book and give it a proper name and even a telephone number. You can then use Hands Free calling to call that number. You can also give it a voice tag so that you can retrieve the address book entry with your voice.

Hope that helps.....

Al

I think the original question was how to save it as a Favorite. This does not do that.

rgalpaugh
12-02-10, 01:16 PM
From the manual...
After the route has been
planned, press the NAV control
button until the full map screen
is shown.
2. Press the MENU/SELECT
control knob. A menu displays.
3. Scroll down and press the
Whole Route option. The whole
route map screen displays.
4. Press the Add Route screen
button. The route is stored as a
favorite

GMJim
12-02-10, 01:43 PM
Thanks rgalpaugh, from those who don't have their Nav Manual in their back pocket.

stevec5375
12-02-10, 05:58 PM
Thanks rgalpaugh, from those who don't have their Nav Manual in their back pocket.

LOL!!

All the manuals are available online for free! I know because I made them available for all to use on here that chooses to download them. (Search threads for "online".) I think it is better to empower people to get their own answers rather than just spoon feeding them.

sube5186
12-02-10, 07:49 PM
Regular manuals and navigation manuals are also available here.

http://www.cadillac.com/manuals/

Sube

doctormstein1
12-02-10, 09:48 PM
I recorded what my favorite was, but I do not know how to verbally recall this favorite. Does anyone know the procedure or what I must say. thanks

GMJim
12-03-10, 06:00 AM
In the true spirit of this forum (friends helping friends), thanks Sube.

stevec5375
12-04-10, 08:02 PM
Regular manuals and navigation manuals are also available here.

http://www.cadillac.com/manuals/

Sube

I couldn't locate the 2010 SRX Nav manual at this URL. Did I miss something? It's there for the 2011 model, however.

sube5186
12-04-10, 09:34 PM
I couldn't locate the 2010 SRX Nav manual at this URL. Did I miss something? It's there for the 2011 model, however.

You're right. I just noticed that. I don't think it's any different than the 2011 manual. However, I'll be happy to email the 2010 Nav manual to you if you PM me.

Sube

stevec5375
12-05-10, 11:23 AM
You're right. I just noticed that. I don't think it's any different than the 2011 manual. However, I'll be happy to email the 2010 Nav manual to you if you PM me.

Sube

Thanks Sube. But I already have both the regular and Nav online manuals as PDF files on my Windows desktop for ready reference--as should everyone. :)