: Any tire recommendations for STS V6 AWD?

GunwallsArchibald
12-01-10, 12:14 PM
I have the luxary/non-performance package--Nav system with fancy Bose sound system. The manufacturer tire sticker has P235/50 17 as default tires.

I did check out Tirerack and a few other sites to research tires; however, all of those sites list my car as having a staggered set--which it doesn't (ie according to the manufacturer sticker). I did do some research on the default tire spec but I'm interested in getting feedback from Caddy owners.

In terms of priorities: I live in South East Michigan so traction is important; Next would be noise level; then Mileage; and finally handling. ie I have a short commute (8-9 miles) on a straight away highway so I doubt I would benefit from performance tires. It's a very boring (but cheap) commute :)

MacMuse
12-01-10, 03:38 PM
4x235/50R17 is a factory option on these cars, I have it on my '06 RWD. You can override the tirerack settings to tell it you want 4 of the same. Just hit the 'change' link in the red line of text at the top of the listing of tires available for your car.

The original factory tires, especially after a few years and even more so if you have a V8 are not suitable for winter conditions. I put Blizzaks on late last fall and I was amazed at the traction I had last winter compared to the previous year on the OEM Michelins. At this point tirerack only shows Blizzak LM-60s in this size. I have LM-22, but that was retired recently. If a local shop can still find a set of those I fully recommend them.

I'm in the Chicago suburbs, so I'm driving on well cleared, heavily salted, frequently potholed roads in the winter. Lots of slush, rarely anything over 4" of fresh snow.

GunwallsArchibald
12-02-10, 04:15 PM
4x235/50R17 is a factory option on these cars, I have it on my '06 RWD. You can override the tirerack settings to tell it you want 4 of the same. Just hit the 'change' link in the red line of text at the top of the listing of tires available for your car.

The original factory tires, especially after a few years and even more so if you have a V8 are not suitable for winter conditions. I put Blizzaks on late last fall and I was amazed at the traction I had last winter compared to the previous year on the OEM Michelins. At this point tirerack only shows Blizzak LM-60s in this size. I have LM-22, but that was retired recently. If a local shop can still find a set of those I fully recommend them.

I'm in the Chicago suburbs, so I'm driving on well cleared, heavily salted, frequently potholed roads in the winter. Lots of slush, rarely anything over 4" of fresh snow.

Excellent! ty! SE Michigan is almost the same type of conditions as Chicagoland.

What do you use for summer? All-season or do you have summer performance? Just curious

MacMuse
12-02-10, 04:43 PM
Excellent! ty! SE Michigan is almost the same type of conditions as Chicagoland.

What do you use for summer? All-season or do you have summer performance? Just curious

still on the original Michelins, but they need to go before next Spring - not enough tread to hold the road in wet conditions. I'm leaning toward these Pilot Sport A/S Plus (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Michelin&tireModel=Pilot+Sport+A%2FS+Plus&partnum=35WR7PSAS).

LAC_STS
12-03-10, 12:49 PM
Im on the PS AS +. I need new ones right now. I put about 40K on these ones and they were great.

Im 90% Ill be getting PS AS + again.