: Cadillac technicians please read. I need help with a few minor problems.

TobyJohnson11
12-01-10, 12:22 AM
OK guys, bare with me as this problem is somewhat of a long story.
I took my 04 escalade into the local Cadillac dealer because my driver side power seat was not working. Also the heated seats for both the driver and passenger were not working. After discovering that a wiring harness was burned out under the driver seat, they ordered a new harness and $400 later I’m out the door with working heated seats and power seat.

As soon as I got home I noticed that my dome lights were not working when I opened the doors. First thing I checked was the dome override button. The dome override button works because when I press it in and out the door lights on the side of the doors go on and off. So I am confident that the dome switch is working. Next I tried to turn on all interior lights by rolling up the illumination knob. When I roll the knob up all the interior dash lights get brighter and when fully up the side door lights come on, but no dome lights come on. I don’t see any problem with the interior light illumination knob. When I manually press the buttons to turn on the dome lights, they all work fine; they just won’t turn on with the doors open on the interior illumination knob in the on position.

Next problem is when I put the vehicle in reverse the reverse lights don’t come on. I checked the bulbs and they are both good, just won’t come on.

Now it is funny to me how all these problems started after the wiring harness was replaced by the dealer. I don’t see how any of the problems could be related to the seat harness, but it’s just too much of a coincidence that all these items were working before taking it in and now they don’t work.

I called the dealership and they said there is nothing that they did that would cause this and I would have to pay for the diagnostics to check the problem out. They did say that if they discovered they did something wrong they would cover it, but I don’t feel like paying another $100 for them to check it out and see.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

sk7
12-01-10, 11:22 PM
How good are you with a test light? I can post the wiring diagrams and you can sort this out on your own. I would agree with the dealer that its not related to the seat issue, but who knows. Once the truck is inside the shop its easy to say u owe us this much and no its not related... Lmk.

TobyJohnson11
12-02-10, 12:25 AM
Sure post away. I will try it out.

Thanks!

sk7
12-02-10, 01:30 AM
Heres a couple diagrams. Theres quite a huge diagnostic how to on the dome, there seems to be a protection system for the BCM against "inadvertent power supply voltage". I would check those 2 fuses first drivers side instrument panel. Post back what u find.

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq102/sk7_1969/backup.png

http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/qq102/sk7_1969/DOME.png