: Question about my '67 Fleetwood

79Devil'Girl
11-30-10, 07:30 PM
I need your help, for like, the most trivial thing.
I can't find windshield wiperblades for my '67. The ones on there now have "Trico" on them and they're stainless steel, but the rubber blade part is corroded away. Parts stores here where I live dont have refills, so I'm wondering if they even take refills, just the rubber part?
ANd if so, where can I find those rubber blades?
Also.. there's some sort of spill stain on the inside of the dash glass where the instrument cluster is. Glass, plastic, whatever, it's ugly so I'm wondering what would it take to remove that plastic piece and clean (or try to) that stain off of it so I can clearly see the gauges.
Thankyou! :D

albymangled
11-30-10, 09:23 PM
G'day. For your wiper bits I recommend using these folks..

www.rockauto.com

they have a simple to use website and I have checked, yes they have parts for your car listed.

At present I can't say much about your dash problem...a picture or two would probably help.

Alby.

77CDV
12-01-10, 02:47 AM
I've found that to get just the wiper blade inserts for these cars, I have to ask at the parts counter at the local auto parts store. As to cleaning your IP glass, it can be done, if you're willing to disassemble the dash and instrument cluster to get at it. A factory service manual would be most helpful to you for detailed instructions on disassembly.

79Devil'Girl
12-01-10, 10:14 PM
Yeah, the autozone here doesn't carry refills they told me, and thanks I will check out Rock Auto. Wow, dissasembling the dash.. maybe it can wait Lol.