: European Certificate of Conformance

Cairnburn1
11-30-10, 03:48 PM
I've recently moved to live in France & Cadillac Europe are charging me nearly $150 to issue me a CoC in order that I may register my BLS. Has anyone else heard of this? It seems exorbitant for what is simply a piece of paper.:mad:

I've enjoyed driving Cadillacs for some years but this is going to be my last.

orconn
11-30-10, 04:08 PM
And people in Detroit HQ wonder why American cars and Cadillacs in particular can't get a foot hold in the European market. Not only do they produce cars unsuited to the European driving environment but Cadillac's customer service wants to charge an arm and a leg so that your Cadillac can be registered in a European country. Sounds like a formula for success to me!

Aron9000
12-01-10, 01:56 AM
And people in Detroit HQ wonder why American cars and Cadillacs in particular can't get a foot hold in the European market. Not only do they produce cars unsuited to the European driving environment but Cadillac's customer service wants to charge an arm and a leg so that your Cadillac can be registered in a European country. Sounds like a formula for success to me!

Not to mention the Euro-only Caddy BLS is really a Saab 9-3 with some very thinly applied Cadillac styling cues.