: Does anyone else's LEVEL RIDE go off all the time??

lacmang
09-21-04, 12:52 AM
what causes this? and how can you fix it? is it expensive to fix. My Level Ride turns on even when the cars off. Thanks

Adam
09-21-04, 05:56 PM
does it run for a long time, or longer than it normaly does? if so it could be going bad and you might wanna get it fixed. my Lincoln did this and the ride control went out about a month later. it cost me nearly 1000 dollars to get it fixed so get this taken care of.

AElayyat
09-21-04, 07:56 PM
what causes this? and how can you fix it? is it expensive to fix. My Level Ride turns on even when the cars off. Thanks

Could be your shocks are going bad, as suggested, or you have an air leak somewhere in the air shock lines. Have it checked out by a shop you trust.

lacmang
09-21-04, 11:28 PM
does it run for a long time, or longer than it normaly does? if so it could be going bad and you might wanna get it fixed. my Lincoln did this and the ride control went out about a month later. it cost me nearly 1000 dollars to get it fixed so get this taken care of.

Yeah it does it for a while even after its off. I also noticed that when I recently put speakers in my trunk that it goes off even more.

DopeStar 156
09-22-04, 11:40 AM
It might be that the extra weight from the speakers might be upsetting the level ride. I would also bet that you have a small leak in one or both air shocks. I think it was the 1993-1996 Fleetwoods that had their level ride run whenever the car detected it was off balance, rather than straighten everything out upon start up, I know my girlfriend's 91 DeVille works like that where as my 89 Brougham only runs the shocks if the ignition is turned on. My Lincoln Mark VII used to level it self out even after being off and no key in it for like two hours. Like 93's Lincoln mine also had an air ride disaster. My suggestion, if you can without breaking anything, take your speakers out for a day and see if it gets better. It could just be the car compensating for the extra weight and a possible tiny leak from the shocks.

Adam
09-22-04, 04:26 PM
i dont think it would be the speakers. it is usually going bad when it does this. of course you could always do what dopestar said. when these cars do that the air ride is going bad, speakers or not. youll no doubt have to get it fixed sooner or later. hey, you could put some hydraulics in it :eyebrow: might even be cheaper, well maybe not but it would be cool.

DopeStar 156
09-22-04, 05:24 PM
93's right here, the speakers wouldn't make too much of a difference now that I think about it, but I dunno if it would be the entire system would it? Not just the airbags in the shocks? If you do have a 93-96, someone's got a thread in this Fleetwood forum who is letting Fleetwood parts go. I'd get a diagnosis and see where you can go from there.

lacmang
09-23-04, 12:21 AM
yeah, like I said it did it before I had subs in the trunk now it seems to do it more. just another thing to fix I guess, Everytime I turn around I find something else that needs fixin, pisses me cuz I've only had it a year and I still go 2 years to pay it off.

As far as hydraulics go, the main reason I don't wanna do it, is cuz it tears up your car. I think lowriders are badass though.

Adam
09-23-04, 05:22 PM
no no no no. hydraulics dont mess up your car. whoever told you that is a liar. well let me say, it can if it is done wrong but if you get it done the right way (as in taking it to a shop or somebody you trust and knows how to do it) it is the best thing in the world. also you can keep the smooth ride if you get accumulators put on it. its all reversible too if you dont like it. my friend had his 94 juiced for about two or three years and took everything out and put the stock suspension back in and some 20 inch wires. so either way its a win win situation (unless you dont have the money). in the end you'd come out with supported a arms and a super strong frame.

BeelzeBob
09-24-04, 02:19 AM
I may be misunderstanding here, but - it's normal for the car to level whether it's on or off. My car levels itself as soon as I get in it - before I turn the key. If you feel it "leveling" for more than 5 or 6 seconds at a time, then you may have a problem. Otherwise, it's normal..

lacmang
09-25-04, 02:09 PM
no no no no. hydraulics dont mess up your car. whoever told you that is a liar. well let me say, it can if it is done wrong but if you get it done the right way (as in taking it to a shop or somebody you trust and knows how to do it) it is the best thing in the world. also you can keep the smooth ride if you get accumulators put on it. its all reversible too if you dont like it. my friend had his 94 juiced for about two or three years and took everything out and put the stock suspension back in and some 20 inch wires. so either way its a win win situation (unless you dont have the money). in the end you'd come out with supported a arms and a super strong frame.

well all that jerking and moving can't be good for the frame. I've heard this before, I've even noticed some cars in LRM that had shifted panels. Maybe it isn't true, but I can't afford it anyway so it doesn't matter.

Adam
09-25-04, 02:44 PM
i can understand about that money man. the frame thing, if you get it supported it wont do that. now if it isnt supported right it can mess it up but other than that it would be ok.