: Stuck in St Cloud Minnesota

97EldoCoupe
11-30-10, 10:01 AM
Anyone seen the highway conditions in Minnesota/North Dakota? Wow- don't drive unless you have to. I'm running an empty GMC cube
Van and that thing is like a sailboat with these wind speeds. I was in the ditch once
Already this morning.

I'm back on I-94 but I don't know for how long- if things get too bad, are there any forum members who have a bit of parking space for a cube van around MN or WI on I-94? I have to be at work and will take a jet back home if need be.

My supplier just screwed me over real bad- this trip was a total waste of time.

I'd of course pay rent for parking and a ride to the airport.... I'm maybe an hour west of St. Paul and headed East-

Jesda
11-30-10, 03:19 PM
I saw this video recently:
http://tv.gawker.com/5701463/this-mitsubishi-has-a-case-of-the-mondays

Minnesota, a car tries to park in a driveway but keeps sliding backwards.

chatsworth
11-30-10, 08:11 PM
hope you got out ok...heard there was a lot of snow up that way. sorry you got stuck in it...

I~LUV~Caddys8792
12-01-10, 12:21 AM
Hello from the east side of St. Paul. :)

It was bad this morning down here, but WAY worse between St. Cloud and Alexandria on I-94. We got 2-3 inches of snow last night, and it had all iced up overnight so it was pretty slick in the cities, but dry and windy south of the cities. Hope you got out ok!

97EldoCoupe
12-01-10, 12:49 AM
I made it to Black River Falls. The roads cleared up quite a bit. My alignment is out now, think there might be a little front end damage.

As much as I hate salt on the roads it was needed this morning.

My welds were tested out though, the tow truck guy towed me out by the hitch that I just installed. I stayed on 6 wheels so I am counting my blessings.

Thanks all!

77CDV
12-01-10, 02:53 AM
Remind me again why people live up there.

Stingroo
12-01-10, 04:08 PM
10,000 lakes Craig, ten-thousand lakes.

77CDV
12-01-10, 09:38 PM
And all of them frozen solid.

Ranger
12-01-10, 09:40 PM
Not yet, but soon, very soon.

johnny kannapo
12-02-10, 12:58 AM
If you are in the Edina/Eden Prairie area(west Mpls) and you want your alignment work done I know aplace that will competently do that and most likely let you park it safely for a period if necessary.

http://www.courtneytruckservice.com/index.htm near 494 loop & hwy 62.

I'v dealt with then for many years.