: (80cdv) driver seat won't move

1980coupe
11-30-10, 07:11 AM
hey guys, im probably in the wrong section since this is electrical stuff here that I need help so I apologize
My seat does not move at all anymore but I can see that it runs/spin but the seat does not respond...
did it come loose and do I just simply need to push here so it'll catch and move???

Cheers
1980coupe

albymangled
11-30-10, 09:17 AM
I guess have a look at the drive cable to make sure it hasn't snapped / fallen out...

deVille33
11-30-10, 11:38 AM
Sometimes the connector at the relay disconnects. Look under the seat and you should see the connector.

GeneLaw1
11-30-10, 09:26 PM
I had that same problem, and it was the "seat transmission".

1980coupe
12-01-10, 01:44 AM
Sometimes the connector at the relay disconnects. Look under the seat and you should see the connector.

connectors are connected and when i move switches it spins, otherwise if disconnected it would click and it doesnt click...

1980coupe
12-01-10, 01:45 AM
I guess have a look at the drive cable to make sure it hasn't snapped / fallen out...
i think this is what may have happen....will have to really get under there.

1980coupe
12-01-10, 01:45 AM
I had that same problem, and it was the "seat transmission".

did you fix/replace? how you move the seat to gain access to bolts to remove seat?

deVille33
12-02-10, 08:47 AM
If you have the plastic bodied transmission, they were prone to failure. Same trans was used in Rolls Royce. You can replace it with an earlier metal bodied trans. Change out the whole plate.
Remove the seat skirts and the anchor nuts will be easier to get to. This is one place where those rachet box wrenches come in handy as there isn't a lot of clearance around this area..

1980coupe
12-06-10, 01:55 AM
i got me another seat track from the yard from a donor 80 coupe. wasnt easy but I was able to remove the entire seat track and i was able to remove the seat from the track; that was fun and was able to remove the anchor bolts and i got it all for $9.99 plus tax. got home and i tested it and it works!
now the fun part; removing mine with care as the one i got it from i didnt give a f*%$
mr. deVille33 says you can move the seat with a drill; anyone here done that?