: Iphone noice

N8860
11-30-10, 12:22 AM
I haven't seen it discussed in a while. That high pitched squeal you hear when you dial your IPhone and hit send that is hooked up to your Cadillac Bluetooth. Any fixes I haven't heard about? Very annoying.

rzambrano
11-30-10, 03:23 PM
This happens but only on occasion and only when I call certain phone numbers.

fredpamm
11-30-10, 03:36 PM
It happens to me all the time but it also has happened consistantly with other cars as well. (Audi, BMW, Lexus) I think it is just the iphone/bluetooth interface doing it.

Roddy
12-01-10, 09:53 PM
I wish I had bluetooth in my '05 STS. In my Ford Fusion with SYNC, however, there's no funny noise (sqeals, buzzes or otherwise) while using bluetooth with my iPhone.

rzambrano
12-01-10, 10:14 PM
I wish I had bluetooth in my '05 STS. In my Ford Fusion with SYNC, however, there's no funny noise (sqeals, buzzes or otherwise) while using bluetooth with my iPhone.

The only other time I hear hissing is when I have my iPhone plugged in via AUX inputs and the tracks are changing.

Roddy
12-03-10, 01:11 AM
The only other time I hear hissing is when I have my iPhone plugged in via AUX inputs and the tracks are changing.

How did you manage to get an aux input hooked up to your factory head unit?

rzambrano
12-03-10, 01:26 AM
How did you manage to get an aux input hooked up to your factory head unit?

My car has stock Nav AUX inputs inside the center console.

EChas3
12-03-10, 05:21 PM
PAC makes an adjustable audio line driver (up to 18 dB of gain). It might help by reducing the audio level required from the phone. I just got one from Amazon for another application; Turbo 1 for $20.