: Entertainment for the kids!!!!!

STS_0423
11-29-10, 01:51 AM
*** caution...vid is about 8 mins *****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8QNbveH74A&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

STS_0423
11-30-10, 08:50 PM
hmmmm.....over 100 views and no one has said anything negative yet. A little unusual, I was expecting at least the "glad you like it" line. I'm not sure how to take the 0 replies, not used to it. Oh well, I guess silence is golden.

dkozloski
12-01-10, 12:41 AM
This year for Christmas this year our boy said he wanted'a watch so the wife and I thought we'd let'im.

STS_0423
12-01-10, 01:00 AM
This year for Christmas this year our boy said he wanted'a watch so the wife and I thought we'd let'im.

lol....I'm sure he would enjoy it.

malatu
12-01-10, 08:08 AM
hmmmm.....over 100 views and no one has said anything negative yet. A little unusual, I was expecting at least the "glad you like it" line. I'm not sure how to take the 0 replies, not used to it. Oh well, I guess silence is golden.

Glad you like it ...

And how many folks of the 100 do you really think watched an 8 minute video of your car? Hell, I don't think I spent that much time looking at my car before I bought it!

KRSTS
12-01-10, 10:29 AM
I noticed you don't have a NAV?

STS_0423
12-01-10, 10:36 AM
Glad you like it ...

And how many folks of the 100 do you really think watched an 8 minute video of your car? Hell, I don't think I spent that much time looking at my car before I bought it!

Thanks for the line..now I feel at little more at ease...lol. Why wouldn't they want to look at my car for 8 mins? I think its nice enough to shoot a 8 min vid of it. No, but seriously point taken, I didn't even know that it was 8 mins until I went back to look at it. It didn't feel like that long when I was shooting it but I figured I would post anyway. I know that I usually don't watch vids that are more than a few mins, but hey they are not all of a STS with a PS3 inside. BTW you have an impressive line up of cars in your garage....I like.

STS_0423
12-01-10, 10:46 AM
I noticed you don't have a NAV?

Ok. good observation, I don't use nav's though. I think they are more annoying than anything else, so it is not important for me to have one. I had a car with one before and used it maybe twice. Now I used the big ol' road maps and the stars to navigate.:rock:

malatu
12-01-10, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the line..now I feel at little more at ease...lol. Why wouldn't they want to look at my car for 8 mins? I think its nice enough to shoot a 8 min vid of it. No, but seriously point taken, I didn't even know that it was 8 mins until I went back to look at it. It didn't feel like that long when I was shooting it but I figured I would post anyway. I know that I usually don't watch vids that are more than a few mins, but hey they are not all of a STS with a PS3 inside. BTW you have an impressive line up of cars in your garage....I like.

They're for sale if you're interested. The convertible is sweeeeet!

STS_0423
12-01-10, 06:24 PM
yea right, I would be if I had free reign to do whatever I wanted. But you see I have this person called a wife that is already complaining that I have to many toys and spend to much on them. I wouldn't mind seeing some pics tho.

rzambrano
12-01-10, 06:59 PM
*** caution...vid is about 8 mins *****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8QNbveH74A&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Where'd you get the screens from? 9 inch? How about that PS3, don't you think hard shut offs like that might mess it up? BTW, nice setup. I can imagine something similar in mine, except I am working on a way to have 2 headrests and nav screen with the same video feed.

doowap57
12-01-10, 07:38 PM
Are they 9" ? Did you install it yourself. Are they wireless, or wired ? :cool2::cool2:

STS_0423
12-01-10, 08:05 PM
Where'd you get the screens from? 9 inch? How about that PS3, don't you think hard shut offs like that might mess it up? BTW, nice setup. I can imagine something similar in mine, except I am working on a way to have all 3 headrest with the same video feed.

These are 7 inch screens and I got them from the local shop. I seen these online tho, so I'm sure you can order them with no problem. I'm not to worried about the PS3, plus I usually have them turn it off by the remote before the actual power is cut off anyway. What do you mean all 3 headrest? Thanks for the compliments.

STS_0423
12-01-10, 08:13 PM
Are they 9" ? Did you install it yourself. Are they wireless, or wired ? :cool2::cool2:

These are 7 inch and they are wired. I let the local shop install it being that they already had the screens and knew how to install everything. Not to mention that I needed someone to blame if something stopped working all of a sudden. These cars have to much electronic stuff going on to be messing around with. I didn't want to have one of those threads that read " I did (fill in the blank) and now my car won't start...help" So I left it up to them..told them how I wanted it and picked it up a few hrs later. Turned out good I think.

rzambrano
12-01-10, 09:12 PM
These are 7 inch screens and I got them from the local shop. I seen these online tho, so I'm sure you can order them with no problem. I'm not to worried about the PS3, plus I usually have them turn it off by the remote before the actual power is cut off anyway. What do you mean all 3 headrest? Thanks for the compliments.

No problem. By that I mean like having a DVD play on all 3 screens, which is possible with splitters and video amps. However, with that I'll loose the surround sound capability, and would only get stereo sound. This is my plan.

Pick up a iPhone Video Out Cable (http://cgi.ebay.com/AV-TV-RCA-USB-Video-Cable-iPhone-3G-3GS-4-4G-iPad-/400171641013?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item5d2c16a8b5#ht_2967wt_1004) and then split that one cable three ways with something like this (http://cgi.ebay.com/New-1-Into-4-Mobile-Video-Signal-Distribution-Amplifier-/370279206708?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56365c4f34#ht_5465wt_754); three outputs, one for nav screen (via the console aux inputs) and one for each headrest. Finally bring the audio through the console aux inputs.

Come into play with a lockpick (http://www.bestradardetectors.net/Cadillac_STS_2005_2008_Lockpick_p/stslockpick.htm), keep my Netflix subscription paid, and enjoy any movie on the road.

STS_0423
12-01-10, 10:00 PM
Oh ok, I got you. You threw me off when you said 3 headrest, but I see what you mean now. Yea getting the feed on all 3 wouldn't be hard, just need a little more wiring but should work easy. Keep us posted when you get the project done....just make sure the vid is not 8 mins, or it may not get many views ;)

rzambrano
12-01-10, 10:44 PM
Oh ok, I got you. You threw me off when you said 3 headrest, but I see what you mean now. Yea getting the feed on all 3 wouldn't be hard, just need a little more wiring but should work easy. Keep us posted when you get the project done....just make sure the vid is not 8 mins, or it may not get many views ;)

Will do....it'll most likely get done within the next month if no repairs permit.

STS_0423
12-05-10, 03:09 PM
Will do....it'll most likely get done within the next month if no repairs permit.

Do you plan on doing the whole install yourself?

rzambrano
12-05-10, 03:57 PM
Do you plan on doing the whole install yourself?

Yes!

STS_0423
12-05-10, 08:57 PM
Yes!

Good Luck, I hope you don't have to post one of those infamous "my car won't start" threads.

Subsailor613
12-05-10, 10:26 PM
ROTFLMAO:cool2::cool2:

rzambrano
12-05-10, 10:28 PM
Good Luck, I hope you don't have to post one of those infamous "my car won't start" threads.

Na, I dont think so. Its a simple power, ground, and thats pretty much it.

ROTFLMAO:cool2::cool2:
:2thumbs:

Subsailor613
12-05-10, 10:30 PM

Can you give us a $$ amount to expect w/o the game boy ?
Installed....
Also, where does the DVD load ? And do the units have their
own speakers if needed ? :cool2::cool2:

Thanks.

STS_0423
12-06-10, 08:32 AM
Can you give us a $$ amount to expect w/o the game boy ?
Installed....
Also, where does the DVD load ? And do the units have their
own speakers if needed ? :cool2::cool2:

Thanks.

Should be about $500 installed give or take depending on your location and who does them. The dvd loads behind the screens, so you push a button, it pops open then you load the dvd and close the screen. Yes the units have their own speakers. You can listen to them through the screen itself, the headphones, and/or through the car speakers.