: Best sounding Exhaust / Muffler

Hell Hound
11-29-10, 01:36 AM
Whats up guys I'm searching for the best sounding exhaust system for the 6.2. I've been doing some research on what sounds the best. I've went to youtube to listen to the different exhausts. And I have went to different manufactures to hear their exhaust clips. The problem with that is, everybody puts their video camera right up to the exhaust tip. Putting it that close to the end of the pipe overpowers the microphone, which aren't really good in the first place, and then you have no idea of what kind of sound the muffler makes. I'm curious as to what different types you have all been using and how you like them. I like the deep bass tone, the rumble, I m not looking for loud. Im looking for the low sounding. I am not interested in gaining power. Im only interested in sound. Size of pipe, do you go dual or keep it single, keep the resonator or lose it. Im interested in what you all have to say. Thanks in advance
Thanks in advance.

Dobiesdaddy
11-29-10, 10:18 PM
I wonder what flowmaster might sound like on our rides?

allpedal
11-30-10, 02:03 AM
is there really much difference in replacing the entire system on the Escalade or will changing just the muffler suffice?

killer67
11-30-10, 02:07 AM
If you want quiet no drone, executive exhaust - Corsa Touring. If you want a little more muscle to it - Corsa Sport. If you want really nice rumble - B&B. Both are expensive - I can get the for Corsa for $999 shipped 2nd day if you're interested

IMO, Flowmaster does not go with this truck

Noob
11-30-10, 09:52 AM
Anyone have a sound clip for the corsa touring? I seem to be only able to find corsa sport sound clips.

Hell Hound
12-01-10, 12:41 AM
killer67 I'm with you. The Flowmaster sound is what I'm trying to stay away from. I don't think they have a deep sound. Its to rough sounding. I want more mellow and deep. I've had Flowmaster, Gibson and Spintech mufflers in the past. The Flowmaster is to trendy around here anyway :yawn: , everybody has Flowmaster. Anybody that you ask around here will tell you to throw a Flowmaster on it. Thats the reason I went with Spintech on my last truck. It sounded really good and definately had a one of a kind sound. Its just to loud. I'll have to check Corsa out. If anybody has some decent sound clips, please let me know. Thanks

jimwalston
12-01-10, 09:44 AM
I just intalled the MBRP 304T catback on my truck. It sounds good and not too loud unless you are really getting on it.

2007XTSDub
12-01-10, 10:36 AM
I just intalled the MBRP 304T catback on my truck. It sounds good and not too loud unless you are really getting on it.

I have never heard of this catback before! Do you have any pics of it on your truck or sound clips?

2007XTSDub
12-01-10, 10:41 AM

I have never heard of this catback before! Do you have any pics of it on your truck or sound clips?

chirochris
12-02-10, 08:29 AM
corsa web site has all there exhaust on sound clips for SUV's...i went thru this for 5 months before picking last wk..reseached technolgy and all that good stuff....what is comes down to is IN TRUCK NOISE(DRONE)....MOST systems will produce almost the same gains ....i had it down to b&B and corsa sport ---based on sound in and out of truck and hearing actual testimonials from people who had them on....at the end of day corsa has the technology to reduced drone alot better than all the others while maintaining outside sound and performance...b&b was more old school muscle car sounding and corsa sport was snappy/crackly...i went with quiet no drone corsa sport...same or similar hp gains and sounds great but not to much plus no noise in cabin while cruising on highway or going long disatnce

PreachRR
12-02-10, 01:13 PM
I run the magna flow ss unit and it is cool not too loud and just got back for, the dealer who stated that he and his service tech agree that my truck runs like a scalded cat. Just the magna flow and an air raid jr.. I am content and I got the magna flow off eBay new in box for 500 shipped and slapped it in my self. GL