: oops I did it again! just bought a dark cherry 94 fleetwd brghm, "prestige addition"

thefleetwoodguy
11-27-10, 08:11 PM
this ones pretty sweet!:lildevil:
cherry color with tan top and interior
from the dessert of Nevada, most of its life
135k, will post some pics monday night
the paint condition is way above avg!
a real good looker...pics soon!!!:dance:

the blue 94 was sold to a caddy forum member
a couple weeks ago......

Stingroo
11-27-10, 08:23 PM
lol You're going to have like six cars before you move at this rate. :thumbsup:

thefleetwoodguy
11-27-10, 11:40 PM
lol You're going to have like six cars before you move at this rate. :thumbsup:

Sting
At one point I had 6 out there in the driveway
someone called the town and complained
I am allowed only two unregistered cars
in my driveway at a time, so much for live free or die!

hey when your ready to step up to the fleetwood
Ill find you one!:thumbsup:

Stingroo
11-27-10, 11:43 PM
Gimme a couple years, lol Gotta get my own place first. :(

sven914
11-28-10, 12:18 AM
Sting

hey when your ready to step up to the fleetwood
Ill find you one!:thumbsup:

That's better than where I used to live... Any uninsured vehicles on the property were considered derelict and the township would confiscate them unless they were stored indoors or you could produce receipts proving the car (that car) was being repaired.

outsider
11-28-10, 11:01 AM
Jim, lets see some pictures of this beast! :D

Stingroo
11-28-10, 11:05 AM
Yeah. What he said.

:postpics:

Cadillacboy
11-28-10, 11:20 AM
That's cool ,congrats :D

thefleetwoodguy
11-28-10, 02:21 PM
cant show any pics until I get her here
I drove it to a friends house and left it in his driveway
until I can get a temporary 20 day plate
should have the plate tomorrow , now I just need someone to
drive me down to mass to get it home

it has some funky looking dayton wire wheels with knock offs
they will be taken off asap, lol, not a fan of those
plus they are showing there age a bit
I have a nice set of factory alloys for it
kinda wish I kept them chromies I sold to a member a couple months ago

this car is really nice :)

GenrlRodes
11-28-10, 08:24 PM
I am sure you do wish you have them back................but they are making my Dark Cherry FWB look sharper than ever. Even NON Cadillac enthusiasts are loving my Caddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thefleetwoodguy
11-28-10, 11:12 PM
I am sure you do wish you have them back................but they are making my Dark Cherry FWB look sharper than ever. Even NON Cadillac enthusiasts are loving my Caddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banghead:

hey how about posting a pic of them on your car!!!

GenrlRodes
11-28-10, 11:32 PM
Hey................your right, I never posted pictures since I finally found whitewalls tires for it. Left the other set on the alloys. I will do that.

9ine3reefleet
11-29-10, 12:11 AM
You think I can I have 1 for Christmas?:xlol:

greencadillacmatt
11-29-10, 02:49 AM
^ I like the way he thinks. :)

Stingroo
11-29-10, 03:58 AM
:lol: Indeed. My perfect FWB would be a '94-95 with no vinyl roof and cloth seats. Color doesn't matter but black or red would be :drool:

GeneLaw1
11-29-10, 02:20 PM
Sting
:

In GA you cannot have a car that is unregistered in your driveway at all...they will even come onto your yard and the back of the house if they know its back there, lol...amazingly, as long as the car is registered, the City of Atlanta doesnt care, no matter what condition its in, ha!

outsider
11-29-10, 02:22 PM
that sounds like just a money thing to me. You have to pay to register it...even if it's an eyesore and never moves and doesn't even run, as long as they're getting money out of you. I'd just build a fence so they can't see into my land :D

Stingroo
11-29-10, 02:23 PM
That to me is total bull crap. lol In FL you can't have an unregistered vehicle in your driveway either, but we have at our house a few times. Pretty much as long as it's backed into the driveway nobody cares.

FleetwoodSwangin
11-29-10, 02:44 PM
:postpics:[/QUOTE]
Had to do it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9ine3reefleet
11-29-10, 03:11 PM
In GA you cannot have a car that is unregistered in your driveway at all...they will even come onto your yard and the back of the house if they know its back there, lol...amazingly, as long as the car is registered, the City of Atlanta doesnt care, no matter what condition its in, ha!

Happened to my folks a couple of times when I was in high school, in fact they "cleaned" up the whole neighborhood that week and got everybody. Didnt know it was a state thing though, thought it was just city ordinance.

GeneLaw1
11-29-10, 07:02 PM
Happened to my folks a couple of times when I was in high school, in fact they "cleaned" up the whole neighborhood that week and got everybody. Didnt know it was a state thing though, thought it was just city ordinance.

Actually you are right, it is usually a city ordinance, and in the metro cities and surrounding areas, most of the cities and municipalities have ordinances regarding that. In the city of Atlanta, you are not even supposed to park on the grass. But my family is from a rural county in GA and there, they could care less about the cars in your yard, lol.

@OUTSIDER, it definitely is a money thing. Say you have a car you are not driving or planning to sell perhaps, and you do not renew the registration, they send you a letter pretty much asking whats going on with the car and what plate is on it, lol...

sinatra caddy
11-30-10, 10:06 AM
congrats on the fleetwood. cant wait to see the pics.

thefleetwoodguy
12-01-10, 05:18 PM
finally got the new ride home
rain rain rain pics suck a little since its indoors
but here she is

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/hemijimbo/STA72301.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/hemijimbo/STA72303.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/hemijimbo/STA72304.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/hemijimbo/STA72309.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/hemijimbo/STA72310.jpg

outsider
12-01-10, 05:28 PM
wow jim that looks awesome! are you ganna ride it for a while or sell it or part it? :D

I don't even wanna know prices on it...i have too many cars and don't need the temptation ;)

jcolliga40
12-01-10, 05:30 PM
Awsome ride man thats a sweet snag I want one. LOL I like those tires but not so sure about those wheels. But it does look awsome.

thefleetwoodguy
12-01-10, 06:33 PM
wow jim that looks awesome! are you ganna ride it for a while or sell it or part it? :D

I don't even wanna know prices on it...i have too many cars and don't need the temptation ;)

Matt
most likely sell it
, I had to replace the e&g grill with a stock one
since it was damaged a bit
and the wheels are coming off for a set of factory alloys
the vogue tyres are in decent shape , so I will retain them
it has a super clean under carriage since it was in navada most of its life
the paint is near perfect, roof is a little tattered , but I can fix that up too

should keep me busy for the next few days!!

9ine3reefleet
12-01-10, 11:20 PM
Jim, nice one man:thumbsup:. HOWEVER, I just really hate those tops on these Fleets (and you know that already). You said you are getting rid of the wheels so I wont comment on those (unless that was a comment).

All those damn FWB's I swear I wanna be just like you when I grow up man.

Stingroo
12-02-10, 08:07 AM
Yeah I don't like the top but at least it's clean. I actually do like the wheels, kind of. It's weird. What are they, 15's? Maybe it's the high profile tires that make them look like they fill the wheel well or something, but those aren't too bad at all.

robb257731
12-02-10, 12:28 PM
Love it....I'd take it in a heartbeat.

sinatra caddy
12-02-10, 03:13 PM
that is so sharp. congrats! on the top, is that a factory fabric or aftermarket? i like the faux button fasteners that go around the top

thefleetwoodguy
12-02-10, 10:08 PM
Jim, nice one man:thumbsup:. HOWEVER, I just really hate those tops on these Fleets (and you know that already). You said you are getting rid of the wheels so I wont comment on those (unless that was a comment).

All those damn FWB's I swear I wanna be just like you when I grow up man.

thanks but honestly I would trade
all my toys to be 26 again!!

SDCaddyLacky
12-02-10, 10:14 PM
Damn, that's one sharp FWB. I like the whole thing! Hey how much would it cost to have a top like that done on a 93-96 FWB? It looks classy. I actually saw a 98 Deville last night that was customized, it had the chrome panels like the Fleetwood added to the bottom of the doors and fenders. The top looked just like the one in the pics shown, but what was cool, is that it had the little lights on the side added to the top. I don't know how it was done, but it looked really nice and classy.

thefleetwoodguy
12-02-10, 10:15 PM
that is so sharp. congrats! on the top, is that a factory fabric or aftermarket? i like the faux button fasteners that go around the top

I think its an aftermarket roof
it has prestige edition stitched into it where the
small crest and emblem would be
the car was delivered with a vinyl roof
image them ripping off that new roof:annoyed:

Im not a fan of the carriage roof
but the one on my triple black 95 is like brand new
not even a broken stitch, it was delivered with vinyl roof delete

im sure the wheels looked good when new
but they have seen better days
there not my bag, I do have a mint set of factory alloys for her
sucks its getting so damn cold up here, cant get much done!!!!!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/hemijimbo/STA71974.jpg

thefleetwoodguy
12-02-10, 10:20 PM
Damn, that's one sharp FWB. I like the whole thing! Hey how much would it cost to have a top like that done on a 93-96 FWB? It looks classy. I actually saw a 98 Deville last night that was customized, it had the chrome panels like the Fleetwood added to the bottom of the doors and fenders. The top looked just like the one in the pics shown, but what was cool, is that it had the little lights on the side added to the top. I don't know how it was done, but it looked really nice and classy.

Im not sure anyone out there still has those roofs for sale

I saw one of those fleetwood devilles I guess there actually stretched out a bit
but I dont like the front wheel drive northstar much (no offense to the fans)
it did look pretty nice with the added chrome and all
I would think being in so-cal you would have a better shot at finding the custom stuff for these cars

SDCaddyLacky
12-04-10, 10:50 AM
I love those tops for some reason over the plain vinyl. We do have more choices of auto custom shops out here in CA. The problem is, even some of the great ones have a hard time getting the material for the tops to do them. Didn't dealerships added on those cloth tops to Devilles and Fleetwoods back then? I just got my top redone this summer, but thinking some time in the future I could change it up for a cloth one, it's going to cost mucho bucks, but hey I'm keeping the Caddy forever so might as well make a good investment to keep it nice.

swaggerlandman
12-20-10, 12:17 PM
Beautiful

CBodyFan
12-20-10, 01:04 PM
You can still get the tops. An E&G Classics installer can order it. It is fiberglass with a cloth or vinyl covering.

Benzilla
12-20-10, 03:46 PM
Fleetwoodguy,

What are you planning to do with the top to "fix it up"? If you know any secrets, please share! lol.

twv5150
12-21-10, 12:56 AM
I also just bought this 95 with 62K out of Cal. on eBay...now all I have to do is hope Santa gets by there to pick-it up on his sleigh and brings it to Texas for Xmas...

twv5150
12-21-10, 08:06 AM
Here's a pic

I also just bought this 95 with 62K out of Cal. on eBay...now all I have to do is hope Santa gets by there to pick-it up on his sleigh and brings it to Texas for Xmas...

outsider
12-21-10, 08:27 AM
wow, that white 95 looks clean! :)

Stingroo
12-23-10, 12:17 PM
Oooh tow package car.

Sweet buy!

FleetwoodSwangin
12-31-10, 06:26 PM
finally got the new ride home
rain rain rain pics suck a little since its indoors
but here she is

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/hemijimbo/STA72301.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/hemijimbo/STA72303.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/hemijimbo/STA72304.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/hemijimbo/STA72309.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v301/hemijimbo/STA72310.jpg

Very nice........................................!!!!!