: What Crankshaft Position Sensors should be used...brand and color...some were problem

jimsbox
11-27-10, 10:40 AM
I spoke with Jake several months ago and he said to check the crankshaft position sensors and to make sure they were a certain brand and color. I believe the brand was Nippon Denso and the color may have been one black and one grey or tan but I don't remember and I lost my note. Apparently if you have the wrong brand, identifiable by color you may have a problem in the future. I hate to trouble Jake during his move so if you know, please share the info, Jake if you read this please remind me and it will be in the forums for everyone.

Jim

jimsbox
11-27-10, 11:39 AM
Ok, I found the following using a Google search as opposed to a forum search. It is an old thread from these forums but may be of interest if you are reading this. At the bottom of the post I put the link to the original thread.

jadcock
View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries Visit Homepage Add as Contact

Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
Cadillac(s) I Drive: White Diamond 2001 STS

Thanks AJ. Enjoy all of these side conversations regarding parts updates and the like.

Regarding the updated GenII sensors -- you said the upper changes from TAN to GREY, but the bottom remains BLACK. Does this mean that the bottom sensor was not updated, or that the updated sensor is also black, meaning you can't distinguish by color?
Reply Reply With Quote .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
06-27-07 11:54 AM #8 AJxtcman
View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message View Blog Entries Add as Contact

Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
Cadillac(s) I Drive: Member of Air Fuel Tuning (Cadillac Division)

They both are updated. They both had a date code that they had us look for. Then they switch suppliers because of that part failure rate.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/northstar-performance-technical-discussion/110149-crank-sensor-pcm-history.html

RippyPartsDept
11-27-10, 12:50 PM
look for the ones made in japan... the made in mexico ones were the bad ones... it has been so many years since though that it will be hard to find the bad ones

#12575481 $88.10
#12575482 $92.16
Those are list prices

i can sell them for $56 & $60 plus some shipping

jimsbox
11-27-10, 12:56 PM
I have the black and grey ones in my yard engine. I am not looking to replace them unless they are from the priblem batch.

Ranger
11-27-10, 01:19 PM
Siemens from Mexico where the bad ones and where replaced by Denso from Japan.

RippyPartsDept
11-27-10, 01:20 PM
black and grey are good ones... black and tan are bad

jimsbox
11-27-10, 01:34 PM
Thanks guys,

now to install the new brake lines and power steering rack and tie rod ends.

Submariner409
11-27-10, 05:29 PM
Picture in identical post up in Deville...........

RippyPartsDept
11-27-10, 05:34 PM
yeah i just saw that
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-deville-1985-2005-including-1985/207059-2002-deville-crankshaft-position-sensor-help.html#post2428044