: 1998 Seville stalling at stop light issues

nyklas78
11-26-10, 10:34 PM
Hello, I own a 1998 Seville, last week it started stalling at red lights, I turn it off and it starts right back up. After two mechanics and Pep-boys, I took the car too a dealer. They had the fuel regulator replaced, but after a day it started stalling again. They said the crank sensors are fine. Someone said that it might be the idle stabilizer. No check engine lights come on. Some codes I have seen are 1599 and I think a 1983 (I could be wrong) Any body has any ideas?

Ranger
11-26-10, 10:41 PM
When was the last time the TB was cleaned?

jimsbox
11-26-10, 10:55 PM
1599 is an engine stall or near stall, if the 1983 was pcm code it is not valid. Go to this link, pull your codes then check them out and post back. Make note what category they are such as PCM, etc.

nyklas78
11-27-10, 02:17 PM
I have never cleaned the TB and I am not sure if the owner before me has, it is something I will look into, Thank You.

nyklas78
11-27-10, 02:21 PM
Thank you for the reply, but I dont see a link were I can check the codes, ,maybe im blind

jimsbox
11-27-10, 04:25 PM
Sorry, I apparently forgot to put the link in. Here it is but it is up in the stickys at the top- of the page.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/northstar-performance-technical-discussion/53635-how-pull-codes-dtcs.html

caddyrax
11-29-10, 07:18 PM
In addition to the TB you should also check the EGR valve because it can get gummed up enough to restrict movement and cause this problem. Make sure the solvent doesnt make it all the way up to the sensory half of the module if you decide to clean it out. The pipe leading to this should also be checked out if you clean the valve. If this doesnt clear up the problem then wrap the plug wires in foil near where they go under the top cover. In some cars the current can interfere with the electronics in that area and cause the car to die at idle. The owner i bought mine from fixed his with foil, and ive had this problem about a year after that due to these build-ups. I was quite surprised to see the layer that had accumulated at 150,000 just inside the TB opening. Depending on your mileage Seafoam might also be a good idea.
Heres a good one http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-tech-tips/59077-how-clean-egr-valve.html

Ranger
11-29-10, 10:20 PM
A stuck open EGR valve would cause a stall, but should set a DTC and illuminate the MIL aka SES light.