: Nav System GPS Antennea

cw5685
11-26-10, 07:40 PM
My Escalade did not come equipped with a Nav system, so I purchased a used one. I apparently do not have a GPS antenna and will purchase one once I can figure out where it will be plugged into the radio. I have four connectors on the back of the unit and they are all in use. There is what appears to be a coaxial type connector above these other four connectors, is this the GPS antenna or video input (from back up camera). There is talk of a blue connector from the GPS antenna, will this replace one of the other connector that is currently plugged in to the rear of the unit. Any help would be appreciated. Pictures would be useful if anyone has them.

cadmanchris
11-27-10, 11:30 AM
There is a blue plug on the back of the radio. When you get the GPS antenna, it will plug in there. The antenna goes under the top of the dash under the defroster panel. There is a square cutout where the antenna will just simply snap into place once the defroster panel is removed. HTH.

cw5685
11-27-10, 12:07 PM
Unfortunately I do not have a blue connector on the back of the radio, it may have been broken off by the previous owner. Do you know if the blue connector originally was attached to the mini -coax that is above the 4 connectors on the radio. Perhaps I can just rig the connector to fit over this coax if it is the GPS antenna connection.

2007caddy
11-27-10, 12:48 PM
If you removed the old radio you should know which one is the radio antenna...which is the coaxial looking one you are referring to...the GPS connection is directly above the wire harness connection....

cadmanchris
11-27-10, 08:27 PM
If the center part is still there, you may be able to. Post a pic of the back of the radio.

cw5685
11-28-10, 03:38 PM
I cannot pull the radio back out for awhile, but it has about a 1/8" protrusion of the antenna (white mini-coax) from the rear of the radio. I have not seen the connector from the GPS antenna (blue), but my guess is that I will be able to make it work.

cw5685
12-10-10, 09:08 PM
OK here is a link to the unit with some pics, the last picture shows what remained of the GPS antenna:
cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250714500748&viewitem=#ht_506wt_1165
In an attempt to splice the cable I cut off this connector...it was useless. So now all I have left is a black antenna wire protruding from the back of the radio. I do not know the cable or necessary connector type so I cannot splice a new connector on. I would like to but a new antenna to solder onto the GPS circuit board or purchase and replace the GPS circuit board but do not know where or how to get the part(s). Any ideas?

cadmanchris
12-11-10, 04:48 PM
Dealer is your best bet for the antenna. It's all one piece with cable