: interior lighting problem

Baja11
11-26-10, 12:31 AM
Hi everyone, I have a 07 escalade AWD. My problem is the illumination for the analog clock, steering wheel, headlight switch and the control buttons for audio/nav/channel (just under the radio). Everything else lights fine, all the a/c control buttons, instruments, door and window controls and radio. Any help would be appreciated. Problem was a bad body control module. 570.00 repair and I still love my truck.

Baja11
11-28-10, 05:49 PM
[/I][/B]
Hi everyone, I have a 07 escalade AWD. My problem is the illumination for the analog clock, steering wheel, headlight switch and the control buttons for audio/nav/channel (just under the radio). Everything else lights fine, all the a/c control buttons, instruments, door and window controls and radio. Any help would be appreciated. Problem was a bad body control module. 570.00 repair and I still love my truck.UPDATE, I picked up my truck as the dealer did not have the body control module and I was told it would not hurt it to drive while it was ordered. Anyway, I get in this morning and of course everything is working. Well, I get to my favorite spot by the beach and go to set the parking brake and everything cuts out. WOO:bonkers::hmm:I hit the pedal with my foot and everything comes back on. A small worn spot in a yellow wire was shorting out these lights and the parking brake assembly was grounding it. I think this might have saved me 570.00

Black07'
11-28-10, 05:58 PM
Sounds like you got off easy, glad it wasn't something major.

Big Windy Ext
11-28-10, 10:58 PM
Moral of the story , Going to the beach pays off every time !