: '78 Deville part name

pompste
11-25-10, 06:19 PM
I need the part name for the " vanity screw covers" for the leather hand straps that are on the backs both front seats.Two of mine are gone and leaves the phillips head screw heads exposed.
Thanks for any help.

creeker
11-25-10, 06:56 PM
I need the part name for the " vanity screw covers" for the leather hand straps that are on the backs both front seats.Two of mine are gone and leaves the phillips head screw heads exposed.
Thanks for any help.

Maybe try an upholstery shop ?.

drmenard
11-25-10, 07:22 PM
I think I know what you need... They are plastic covers that snap on to cover the screws... there were more than one type.. if you show us a picture of where it goes , I or someone else can help..

pompste
11-25-10, 11:46 PM
I think I know what you need... They are plastic covers that snap on to cover the screws... there were more than one type.. if you show us a picture of where it goes , I or someone else can help..

I can`t post a pic----but since you have an '81 Deville and "if" you have leather hand straps on the backs of both front seats,they more than likely have "covers" on them to hide the screws that attach the straps to the seats----so you know what i`m looking for.If i just knew the name of the part i could google or e-bay it and possibly find some.

77CDV
11-26-10, 02:21 PM
I believe they're called front seat back assist strap escucheon covers.

pompste
11-27-10, 01:50 AM
I believe they're called front seat back assist strap escucheon covers.

Thanks pal----i`ll see what comes up on e-bay and google.What a part name----escucheon covers!