: Catalyst not ready

Dadillac
11-25-10, 01:02 PM
Reposting this thread in N* forums as it is an engine related issue. Mods please do not delete this as my answer may be found here as well as in the Seville forum

Happy Thanksgiving all. Hope you and your families have a safe and enjoyable holiday. I know mine will. Anyway to my problem. I had my trans replaced and I now have to get inspected by the state of NJ. I went last Saturday and got rejected due to two monitors not ready. O2 sensor and catalyst monitors not ready. I have followed the drive cycle for at least 8 times now. The O2 set to ready but the catalyst refuses to set. Since getting the car back I have driven 445 miles and most of those miles have been at 55 mph for at least 5 minutes at a time. Can anyone tell me if a bad O2 sensor can cause my catalyst monitor to not set ready? Keep in mind that I Have No PCM Codes. I only type it bold and large because sometimes folks do not read the entire post and they say to check codes. Since getting the car back my cat has been making noise at idle. Is it possible that one of the upstream O2's has lost its tip and is now resting inside the cat? Wouldn't that set a code? If there is no possibility of an O2 being bad (and by the way the car has 120,668 miles and all O2's are original) is there a fuse to look for being blown? If I had hair (I shave my head clean) I would be pulling it put right about now. Any helpful info is greatly appreciated.

Don

Dadillac
11-26-10, 10:10 AM
Passed state inspection so issue is resolved.

Don