: Proven NorthStar head gasket repair in Toronto

loosheads
11-25-10, 10:13 AM
I have found a great and lasting head gasket repair garage/Machine shop.
Tony created this repair for the GM after market warranty company and has been doing it for over 12 years. He does not have a flashy web sight because he is into fixing the northstar engine instead. He has created a method of sleeving the block no not Norms inserts as people think this is the only system. His wb sight for contact information is www.expertengines.com

Tony would be glad to talk to you about you NorthStar engine repair. Tell Tony loosheads referred you.

97EldoCoupe
11-25-10, 12:56 PM
Loosheads why don't you quit while you're ahead?

loosheads
11-25-10, 01:08 PM
Loosheads why don't you quit while you're ahead?

What are you talking about?

vincentm
11-25-10, 06:50 PM
I smell a thread closure, Rob, get over it, just stop please.

BetterNorthstar
11-25-10, 09:09 PM
I would love to think GM PowerTrain is monitoring the fixes for the Northstar Head Gasket failures for the TimeSerts and bolts fixes are not the sure fix of the SureGrip Head Stud Kit!!

Is there anyone that has made contact with the GM PowerTrain Department in regard to a permanent fix for the head gasket failings, with same solutions we have found??

Does anyone know of a good GM PowerTrain contact that we can address this with and see what they feel GM's future positions is with the new available product that will fix the head gasket problem? The SureGrip Head Stud Kit.

If we know of a person to start with great, let us know, if not we will have to just find a GM PowerTrain person and contact them direct, cold.

I am the original owner of my two (2) 2001 Devilles, and GM PowerTrain Department needs to help me keep them running for many years to come and TimeSerts or Head Bolts are not going to cut it!

If we cannot come up with a GM PowerTrain person name, I bet we can research and find a name.

Who knows somebody??

Cheers!

97EldoCoupe
11-26-10, 10:12 AM
Bill, I have John Zinser's direct line. He served as the Northstar Powertrain Chief Engineer for some years. Last I spoke with him my repair system wasn't in protected status yet. Now I have multiple utility patent applications pending. I'd be comfortable releasing more details now. I know he isn't the chief engineer anymore and hasn't been in a while, but he will know the right contacts.

97EldoCoupe
11-26-10, 10:16 AM
Considering Loosheads called my real estate agent in Manitoba to find out the status of his car, I am sure he will also be looking for Mr. Zinser's info next-

Bill you have my permission to beat Loosheads to it-

loosheads
11-26-10, 11:06 AM
Why are you guys so closed on one fix. I am just offering information on fixes for their engines.
I am not interested in your studs or anything because I found a good fix with a lot of high mileage testimonials on it. You told me to start my own thread and I did. You guys take your jargan back to the Jake thread and let owners of northstar engines check out the fix I put up for them.
It seams you guys are the bashers and over protective. Face it their is more than one great fix and the one you guys support I cannot because he is asking customers to pick up their cars in Ontario after paying to tow it there. This is because he spends too much time on here and not working on the cars. So I suggest cool it and let people check out the fix they wish to use. Also if you have any comments on the fix I put forwardt from Toronto I will read them. But stopp the bashing especially if you don't know what you are bashing. You sound like a bunch of kids in a sandbox and don't want anyone else to play :) Get back to the question on hand the options people have to get the gasket failure done.

loosheads
11-26-10, 11:09 AM
Considering Loosheads called my real estate agent in Manitoba to find out the status of his car, I am sure he will also be looking for Mr. Zinser's info next-

Bill you have my permission to beat Loosheads to it-

Well when your car is supposed to be getting fixed within two weeks of droping it off and then the owner finds out the guy has moved. Yes the customer can protect his asset. Also Jake called Tony trying to bash me and I suggest relax and go fight your racing charge you had posted on your site.

97EldoCoupe
11-26-10, 11:37 AM
I fought it and I won.

FYI - I normally don't have the time to respond to this B.S. I am on the road in the USA picking up my late order of studs. My friend is driving, I'm here in the passenger seat of this big yellow cube van typing this on my iPhone. As soon as I get back I'm finishing a black 99 Deville for a fellow forum member. THAT customer has been very kind to me and patient with me through this move.

Everyone else on these forums knows me better than you do Rob. I wouldn't have taken off with your POS deville, I have a black on gray 99 Deville that's in better shape- needs HGs as well.

Change your user info. In 1999 there were no DTSs made, and yours isn't even the similar Concours.

97EldoCoupe
11-26-10, 11:59 AM
Read my message regarding the move at the top of my website. I clearly stated that I would finish all cars scheduled. You clearly didn't understand or care, how difficult this all is for me. Rob McLaughlin must be completely satisfied Regardless of the expense of others. Tigers2007 was in line before yours and it is HIS caddy that is being completed before I touch anyone elses.

Get off your high horse and leave me the @&$" alone.

Over and out. To all other forum members; past and future customers, I apologize for all of this B.S.

BetterNorthstar
11-26-10, 02:42 PM
Bill, I have John Zinser's direct line. He served as the Northstar Powertrain Chief Engineer for some years. Last I spoke with him my repair system wasn't in protected status yet. Now I have multiple utility patent applications pending. I'd be comfortable releasing more details now. I know he isn't the chief engineer anymore and hasn't been in a while, but he will know the right contacts.

GREAT! I will give Mr. Zinser's a call. Can you email his contact number?

I want everyone to have the choice, as I did, in taking their Northstar to any Cadillac Dealership and have the SureGrip Head Stud Kit installed. I finally found Crest Cadillac in Plano, Texas to nstall the SG Head Stud Kit for me and they did a great job!

I plan on always having a Northstar engine under my hood, I would like the choice to have my Northstars repaired correctly at any Cadillac Dealership across the counry, at competitive pricing for all, and fixed for good!

loosheads
11-27-10, 09:09 AM
GREAT! I will give Mr. Zinser's a call. Can you email his contact number?

I want everyone to have the choice, as I did, in taking their Northstar to any Cadillac Dealership and have the SureGrip Head Stud Kit installed. I finally found Crest Cadillac in Plano, Texas to nstall the SG Head Stud Kit for me and they did a great job!

I plan on always having a Northstar engine under my hood, I would like the choice to have my Northstars repaired correctly at any Cadillac Dealership across the counry, at competitive pricing for all, and fixed for good!

I apologise I did not post anything except yo say I am offer another fix for the Northstar engine. Jake made reference to me and any problem we had this is not personal but I guess Jake thinks other wise. My repair was booked for September 14,2010 and I picked up my car last week and the engine was in the same condition It was in when I dropped it off. Since september I had 5 different repair completion dates and never got met. I called the OPP and the officer I talked to suggested I pick my car up while it is still there. On the other repair in Toronto read the testimonials at http://www.cadillacexperts.com/testimonials.html these are for cadillac owners who want a fix for their engine. I did not come on here to argue I cam on to give repair options. I think Jake has a good repair Idea but does not know on the business end to get it done on a timely manner. Jake it was not called for in publishing my name.

98eldo32v
11-27-10, 10:04 AM
WOW,

"Jake made reference to me and any problem we had this is not personal but I guess Jake thinks other wise."

How can a man think this ISN'T personal when you make comments like this?!!

"I suggest relax and go fight your racing charge you had posted on your site."
"He does not have a flashy web sight because he is into fixing the northstar engine instead."
"This is because he spends too much time on here and not working on the cars."

NOW, IF THOSE COMMENTS DON'T SOUND PERSONAL TO ME, I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS?

If Jake can share HIS personal life on HIS website that HE created, don't you think that's HIS business?!!!

The man is buying up the last of the northstar inventory, moving HIS ever growing business to another shop, he's STILL trying to fill obligations to people, take phone calls, answer emails, stay on top of orders, and make sure all of it gets done without too many mistakes?!!! What more do you want?!

I don't know what transpired between you two, but he obviously felt that you "may" turn into a problem.

The northstar engine has been around for quite sometime. Yes, over the course of the years many solutions to this problem with the bolts/gasket issue have come up. Most people who HAVE DONE their research will come across the various solutions to address this issue. Yet, as it stands right now. YOU, the owner of the car have a choice to choose the type of repair and the shop to service you.

If YOU, the owner want to choose "serts" or "Norms" or even the studs or damn crazy glue for that matter, IT'S YOUR CHOICE. The only time the choice is taken away from you, is when the person rendering the service "feels" YOU the customer, may not APPRECIATE what he is trying to do for you, or you telling him how and when to do it.

Loosheads, I'm glad you're making some sort of apology, but right is right and wrong is wrong.

I can't get a hold of Jake all the time, and I understand the reason why. I accept it, because I understand what he's going through. Yet, if you feel I'm going to come on here and throw my "personal" opinion around about a man's private life pertaining to what he's trying to do for the public and the northstar community at large, I would be wrong. When I'm contributing nothing but aggravation........

Can we call a truce gentlemen???!!

97EldoCoupe
11-27-10, 11:25 AM
I'd love to call an end to this bull$|-|it.

I run my business as best as I can without hiring 10 unskilled employees that will cause comebacks. I cannot meet demand. People send me very upset emails if I tell them I cannot repair their car, because I am too backed up. So I try to work as hard as I can and get them all.

MARK MY WORDS. If this is the stuff I have to tolerate for trying my very best and my hardest to help people out with a repair most shops won't touch, I will never touch another customers' car again. I'm doing well enough with the kits that I could have a sustainable income from that alone. I WILL NOT I repeat WILL NOT hire anyone and leave them with customers cars that I cannot trust. I would not do that to my customers. They expect skilled hands under the hood of their car and THAT is what they get- even if a bit late-

I have two choices right now and that's either expand this business or downsize it. If I expand, the Ontario shop will remain in operation and the third shop will open next year in Calgary, Alberta. That will be three to start with. I will no longer be doing the repairs, I will be training good, reliable employees and I'll spend my time on here, in the R&D shop, in the office, etc. Then I will expand this business to it's max. capacity.

If I downsize, the only Northstar I will ever open up again will be either my own, my friends, or my family's- I'll sell the kits and develop some more stuff for these.

The ONLY thing that keeps me going is the good people and good customers who understand "yes my car is finished a bit late. But it's done right and it's backed with a solid warranty and I know I can trust it again. Oh, and I saved quite a bit of money over a GM dealership or a new engine".

Rob's trying to kill me here. I'm tougher than that. What doesn't kill you strengthens you.

RippyPartsDept
11-27-10, 11:35 AM

Keeping your Cadillac as original as the day it came off the assembly line was the request of our GM Dealers whe we were asked to develop an updated and much improved head bolt repair. Our repair is second to none. We were exclusive to GM for many years and only in the last 3 years have we offered our repair to the public.

putting aside the spelling/grammar error (which really makes it hard to figure out what they really meant to write)
unless GM Canada was using a different repair than the US dealerships these guys are just doing TimeSerts ... I have a hard time believing that, so I'm wondering what kind of repair they are doing that is 'second to none' and what makes it so good?

I have a hard time taking these guys seriously when the only representation they have on here is looseheads or is it loseheads? ... if they're loose they might get lost ;)

jimsbox
11-27-10, 11:36 AM
Hang in there Jake, remember for every one of the people that don't appreciate you there are 10's or hundreds of us that do. You need to do what you need to do to make yourself happy, you can never please everyone else. I am sure most of us will support your success whichever path you take. Keep up the good work.

Jim

98eldo32v
11-27-10, 11:52 AM
Jake, you're doing it again.

Why are you justifying what the hell you're doing? If a few people just CAN'T see or UNDERSTAND what is going on they have a few options.

1. Be patient and understanding. The doctor will see you when you appointemnt is up. (Due to technical difficulties beyond our control, ex: moving, relocating, parts shortages, inexperienced help, foul weather, the doctor gets sick or whatever, THERE MAY BE A DELAY).

2. Buy the kit or whoever else's repair solution and FIX THE DAMN THING YOURSELF.

3. Take your car to whoever you feel is going to fix it right and harasss the s@#t out of them and see IF they like it.

4. Drive your caddy off a cliff, since you're not too bright to see all the other solutions are basically band-aids. If you've NEVER had any sort of experience with rebuilding engines or been around racing teams, how an engine is prepared for high performance usuage, you have NO concept WHY the studs are used. You also have no clue why at the present time IF LOOKING FOR RELIABILITY AND DEPENDABILITY, this is the only way to go.

For everyone that has NO patience and some mechanical skills, SEE #2
For those with NO patience and NO mechanical skills, SEE #4 (number 3 will not apply because no one is going to put up with you harassing them about a repair that is so technically involved).

98eldo32v
11-27-10, 12:07 PM
Jake,

clear the box dude......