: Much to be Happy for this Thanksgiving.....

Smokin' SRX
11-25-10, 09:25 AM
In addition to much else, I just look at my SRX and remember that "only in America, could a poor boy like me, start out with nothing and end up with her"

Happy Turkey all!

SS

stevec5375
11-25-10, 12:37 PM
In addition to much else, I just look at my SRX and remember that "only in America, could a poor boy like me, start out with nothing and end up with her"

Happy Turkey all!

SS

I'm wondering if this statement is actually true or just propaganda? There seems to be a lot of successful people in other countries around the world. :)

ickday1
11-26-10, 12:09 AM
Thanksgiving greetings, also, everyone.
To 'ye of little faith', I also came from very humble beginnings.

At my birth, the stock market crashed, survived the great Depression, learned the plumbing trade, advanced through the 'ranks', served during the Korean War,
then successfully Mastered my own Plumbing and Heating business. Guess one could say I am one of those typical American success stories. This 2011 SRX is my third Cadillac. How sweet it is. I have been blessed.

stevec5375
11-26-10, 09:18 AM
I streamed a documentary from NetFlix to my TiVo last night about North Korea. Needless to say, I was shocked at what I saw and how those poor people live. It was very eye opening and I came away thinking about how thankful I am to have been born into a country where I have the freedoms I do. It was truly a Thanksgiving revival for me as I saw how others must live their lives at the hands of ruthless dictators. Thank God for my freedom and this great nation !! If only we could help free those poor souls in North Korea from their torture.

Here's the film on NetFlix: http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/National-Geographic-Inside-North-Korea/70061970?trkid=1211017#height2072

ickday1
11-26-10, 05:08 PM
Under U.N. orders, some of those North Korean (and Chinese) 'poor souls',
you refer to, were dispatched in the early fifties. Pity Harry, the tie salesman,
didn't let "Mac" finish the job.

stevec5375
11-26-10, 05:46 PM
Under U.N. orders, some of those North Korean (and Chinese) 'poor souls',
you refer to, were dispatched in the early fifties. Pity Harry, the tie salesman,
didn't let "Mac" finish the job.

I wasn't born yet in the early 50's. I guess you're going to have to explain it to me.

Ponyman
11-26-10, 07:27 PM
Yeah Smokin, when my Dad tells me the stories of him and his 8 siblings on the farm, all of them plus his mother and dad working the fields. They had a cow some chickens, and he said the best Christmas he had he got an orange and nickel. He isn't complaining, he said there were others that had NOTHING. His parents would give othres veggies and milk. From that he became relatively succesful, and because of him i was able to get to the position in life I have now. For all it's faults it is a WONDERFUL country. Those who say otherwise should be deported to someplace of thier choosing and see how they like it then.

TheCaptain
11-26-10, 07:52 PM
I like it right where i am! :D
And i'm thankful too, even if you guys are a month late on this thanksgiving thing... ;)

Smokin' SRX
11-28-10, 12:18 PM
I'm wondering if this statement is actually true or just propaganda? There seems to be a lot of successful people in other countries around the world. :)

yes, but to a much smaller degree. No where else have so many folks from humble (not Royal or wealthy families) achieved what we have here. I am but a poor example of this, and so very grateful. So are all the charities/friends I have been able to assist at times, thanks to this great "experiment", called America!

I read your subsequent posting and I agree. Communism has failed/is failing everywhere it's been tried. We actually send (had sent) food to North Korea to help feed it's starving masses! In pray for them......

Captain, you guys get it right most of the time too! :-)

Ponyman, Ditto! I believe in what Margret Thatcher said....." use the fence-test, to judge any country: see how many people want IN, and how many want OUT....."

SS