: What engine family is the 6.2 ?

Big Windy Ext
11-25-10, 08:11 AM
I'm curious to know if our basic engine is the same as the Corvette and Camaro .

cadmanchris
11-25-10, 10:16 AM
Yes, it's basically the same. The CTS-V uses the same block also.

Big Windy Ext
11-25-10, 10:29 AM
So you could use cams etc. ,

PreachRR
11-25-10, 11:17 AM
You probably could.. but I wouldn't recommend it.. the profiles for those cars is way different then the ones for our trucks and the goal for them is Higher power in the the upper RPM ban while we are set up for more torque and the cams are also designed for our intakes which are a bit taller then theirs again designed for more low end torque. so if you want to swap the valve trains I would also recommend swapping the intakes and ECUs.. ..just my .02

Noob
11-25-10, 12:38 PM
They are VERY similar, but are not the same. The motor is one of GM's Gen IV motors, We have the L92 motor, the vette and camaro SS has the LS3 motor, and the ZR1 has a LS9 whereas the CTS-V has a LSA motor.

They are overall the same basic design, with different cylinder wall thickness, cams, pistons etc....

cadmanchris
11-25-10, 12:41 PM
One of my co-workers has an upper plenum off of a '10 CTS-V right now and I looked at the valves. I can't remember ever seeing a head with valves that big. Like 2 inches diameter.

mdadgar
11-26-10, 12:47 AM
You probably could.. but I wouldn't recommend it.. the profiles for those cars is way different then the ones for our trucks and the goal for them is Higher power in the the upper RPM ban while we are set up for more torque

Without looking at the specs, I think that's probably not true. The transmission controller already does torque-limiting in 1st and 2nd, so more low-end torque isn't going to be of any benefit.

Frankly, I think these motors have too much emphasis on high-rpm power as it is. The power profile doesn't suit the SUV nature of the vehicle.

- Mark