: Clear Side Markers?

tgibson
11-24-10, 05:05 PM
Does anyone make clear side markers for the front bumper on the sts? I cant find them anywhere and dislike the orange ones very much.

tgibson
12-01-10, 03:00 PM
bump...

dkozloski
12-01-10, 03:14 PM
Keep in mind that the color of the lighting is spelled out by federal law. Right or wrong, it's an excuse for a copper stopper to pull you over and hassle you.

Roddy
12-01-10, 08:08 PM
Keep in mind that the color of the lighting is spelled out by federal law. Right or wrong, it's an excuse for a copper stopper to pull you over and hassle you.

The bulbs inside can remain amber, just the plastic lens could be clear. I'm interested in the same modification.

Roddy
12-03-10, 12:07 AM
The bulbs inside can remain amber, just the plastic lens could be clear. I'm interested in the same modification.

Of course that's how it already is. :).

AllGoNShow
12-04-10, 12:46 PM
No, your turn signals are that way and I guess the fender markers are that way, he is looking for the front bumper side markers if I understand. I haven't run into any but if you find some, let me know! Last piece of amber plastic on my car!!

txbest1980
12-04-10, 04:02 PM
have any of you guys ever considered making your own? it would be simple to get a extra set of side markers, popping the yellow lens off, getting a piece of 1/8th inch clear lexan, and epoxying it to the sidemarker...this has been done many times on the CTS with clear and tinted lexan...after the new year, i may consider doing this myself

AllGoNShow
12-04-10, 04:09 PM
have any of you guys ever considered making your own? it would be simple to get a extra set of side markers, popping the yellow lens off, getting a piece of 1/8th inch clear lexan, and epoxying it to the sidemarker...this has been done many times on the CTS with clear and tinted lexan...after the new year, i may consider doing this myself

I prefer OE style fit than homemade or chinese. Don't get me wrong, I have done homemade things before but the turnout is just normally not as good as some of the aftermarket stuff available. In our case aftermarket isn't available so this may be the only way :(

txbest1980
12-04-10, 04:32 PM
you are exactly right...i am not one for home made stuff, but some times you have to improvise until there is a market for the items you want. the CTS guys been begging for halo head lights and LED tail lights...well after 7 years, they finally got what they been begging for...it is just a due process

AllGoNShow
12-04-10, 04:37 PM
Who ended up making them for the CTS guys? If I keep this POS I'll donate my ambers to the cause :)

txbest1980
12-04-10, 04:41 PM
i have made a set myself and you cant tell they are homemade. but the lense i used was a quality lense that had the Caddy logo etched into them. there was a guy in the CTS-V section who made them. but now there is are a lot on ebay that you can buy without having to make your own. i ended up buying some tinted ones from the ebay seller and havent looked back since

Klearz
01-12-11, 08:34 PM
Does anyone make clear side markers for the front bumper on the sts? I cant find them anywhere and dislike the orange ones very much.

I'm looking at taking on a few new projects this year. The STS side markers could be a good one to look into. I'd need two sets of donor side markers ( which would be replaced with a set of clear side markers ). The final cost on the lenses would be around 70-90$ a set like most of my side markers in that size. They'd be available in clear, smoke, red, etc.

If anybody is interested in sending in a set or two of donor lenses to make the molds from, I can get the project underway. Feal free to email me if you have any questions info at klearz dot com

Jason