: Exhaust headers question...

evilrussian
09-20-04, 07:55 PM
Hey all, I've got an '83 DeVille RWD with a chev 350cid in it and was wondering which headers will fit in my case? I know its got plenty of room there but it doesnt mean that any small block headers would work. I'd like to get something that would flow nice and avoid tight fit shorties or block huggers. Any suggestions? I know if someone have had headers installed in 90-92 Broughams it would certainly work in my case - basically the same configuration...
I appreciate any help...

barge master
09-20-04, 08:05 PM
I was asking the same question a while back about my eventual 500 swap into an 80 FWB. Nobody came back with a definite answer that they'd used this or that. I'm figuring that since Chevelle and similar bodied cars have one type that fits almost every year from 64 to 87 that should fit the Caddy with little or no hassle.

Barry Clark
09-20-04, 08:48 PM
I was wanting to put headers into my 91 Brougham. It has the 305 Chevy in it. I know that bolting the headers to the engine shouldn't be too much an issue. It is the fitting into the compartment with everything else that would make this difficult.

FASSTWOOD
09-20-04, 11:16 PM
Just get headers for a full size chevy like a caprice The chassis is the same.

Barry Clark
09-21-04, 06:53 AM
That is a thought, man. Thanks!