: Looking for experience with 26x10" +20 offset Wheels on Escalade !!

- Escalade -
11-24-10, 09:26 AM
Hi guys.. I need some input. I live overseas and bought some 26x10" wheels for my Escalade. Long story short, I got ET20 instead of ET30 offset but too much trouble to ship them back. I'm looking for any experience with this width and offset on the +07 escalades. Tires are 295/30/26". Due to the winter over here I haven't been able to try them on yet. I also have a McGaughy´s 2/3" loveringkit with front spindles and rear springs I wanted to put on it, but now I really don't know if the 10mm offset difference is too much.. ? Let me know what you think!

Stuey
11-24-10, 01:19 PM
I would do what you can to send them back and exchange them. You usually have to do some trimming on the inner fenderwells with 26" anyways but I wouldn't recommend running a lower offset. Usually you want to run a +30 to +35mm offset, at the LOWEST +25mm. I know 10mm doesn't sound like much but they will come out enough to make it look skated, and you may have a problem with rubbing on the outer fenders especially if you are lowering it, as well as rubbing on the front corners of the bumper when turning. I know it sucks, but I think you would be unhappy running them.

Noob
11-24-10, 05:53 PM
depending on how much meat is on the hub, a wheel repair shop or machine shop might be able to shave down the hub to a +30 offset, but that would depend on the wheels.

- Escalade -
11-27-10, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the input guys.. I don't think more than 3mm can be shaved on these wheels. I guess I have to sell them.. Hopefully I can get some kind of compensation from the dude that sold them to me. I guess a 100% psotive feedback and 3000+ items sold isn't a garantee that you get what you pay for. The dude's comment when I told him he sent me the wrong offset was that they fit all 6lug SUV's.. sigh!