: Guys I need some Help bought a 2007 Escalade and have a couple questions

gp1200r2000
11-23-10, 07:56 PM
hello guys just want to say my wife loves her new truck,but we have a couple questions

1 what size fog light does it take and how hard is it to change or do I have to bring it in to get hanlded or can i change it?

2 how do you shut off the rain sensor ???

3 The back hich cover keeps falling dwn,how does it stay up?? I clipped it in but dont seem to tight

4 how do you use the auto start..

Thanks for any help

Ps also is there any companys that make a complete mat set for the Escalada like two for the front and a set for there rear captain seats and like a center mat for the walk way threw to the back third row.

bstiffmanofsteel
11-23-10, 08:14 PM
I can answer 2 and 4. Put the dial on off to turn off the rain sense wipers. And press lock then hold the circular arrow button to remote start!

Bear
11-23-10, 08:24 PM
And press lock then hold the circular arrow button to remote start!

If that doesn't work you'll need to check that autostart is enabled in the vehicle settings.

StevieT
11-23-10, 08:43 PM
Fog lights are a 9005 or H16. Go LED! Easy to change just get under the truck rear of the bulb is exposed

http://www.v-leds.com/Exterior-LED/DRLFOG-LED/9005-H10/V-LEDS-6K-HID-WHITE-28-p7652845.html

jcrack_corn
11-23-10, 09:34 PM
the rear hitch cover was designed to not stay on. throw it away like everyone else or just loose it on the highway when you get a chance.

2007caddy
11-23-10, 09:40 PM
Fog lights: go HID, long lasting and much brighter
Hitch cover: verify if It has been repaired with putty, the extra weight will cause it not to hold....you will probably need to replace (check ebay)

Noob
11-23-10, 09:43 PM
humm, that's pretty interesting, I might look into those LED bulbs for my fogs, I was planning on going with HID's but this might be easier since I won't have to mount a balast...

Do you happen to know what kinda bulb is the DRL? Might order all the lights when they get it in stock.

ESCALADE132
11-23-10, 10:51 PM
I have LEDS in my fogs and DRL's and love them
Fogs are 9145/H-10
DRL 5202

StevieT
11-23-10, 11:27 PM
humm, that's pretty interesting, I might look into those LED bulbs for my fogs, I was planning on going with HID's but this might be easier since I won't have to mount a balast...

Do you happen to know what kinda bulb is the DRL? Might order all the lights when they get it in stock.

Bulb is posted above 5052
http://www.v-leds.com/V-LEDS-6K-HID-WHITE-28-p8701564-3-2.html

I just converted every bulb in the entire truck except for the HID with LED this past week, I couldn't be more impressed.

Big Windy Ext
11-24-10, 07:48 AM
Is the LED in the fog bright enough or did you do it for looks ??

Bear
11-24-10, 08:56 AM
Wondering the same thing. DLR's are fine if it's just for looks but for the fogs I'd like to have useful light. An easy change I was considering was simply silverstars, but HID will give me the looks and light.

jimwalston
11-24-10, 09:29 AM
Husky liners makes a complete set of rubber mats including under and inbetween the captain charis. I just purchased a set.

cadmanchris
11-25-10, 09:19 AM
There is a updated hitch cover available. You have to drill 2 holes in the bumper for it.

Zhariak
11-25-10, 09:36 AM
I have an 08.

My hitch cover at one point kept falling off, they told me there was a new updated design, after getting a new one, never had the issue again. It's finally snug...

As for auto start, press the lock button once, then hold the "Remote Start" button until the lights flash once and the engine starts. Keep in mind it only runs for 5 minutes, and after it turns off automaticly you can only start it up once again for another 5 minutes until you have to actually go in the vehicle and use a key.

As for the rain sensor, consult the manual, it tells you how to deactivate the system so it goes back to "normal folk" mode, hahaha.

cadmanchris
11-25-10, 11:43 AM
My remote start runs for 10 minutes 2 times.