Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Front Struts

3K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  kevm14 
#1 ·
Yes I did the search, really found no info, but what does everyone do about front strut replacement? Heard the horror stories about stock replacements, e-bay used ones, is that the only option?

#2 ·
The front shocks, which fail more often than the rear shocks are not all that expensive. The FE4s work well regardless of whether you have FE4s or FG2s on the rear. The rear shocks are pretty expensive, but don't seem to fail very often. I would call Luke at Lindsay for a set. You can install your self or have some tire store (Goodyear, Firestone, etc) or other small shop install them.

#11 ·
Autozone lists Gabriel Ultras for $136.99 each for the fronts #51746 cause I am also in the market if I hold ontto it longer than a couple more weeks

#14 ·
In theory you should not run FG2s up front only as it would increase under steer and make the front end tend to skip over rough pavement when the rear did not. I don't think it would make the car "crash happy" or uncontrollable but it would not be the hot setup.

PS. Finding FG2s in anything other than sets of four has been difficult in recent times. Please post it if you find a source for front only.

#19 ·
Tirerack has KW Varient 3 Coilovers: Premium, Street or Autocross on sale for $2066 for the set of 4 which is the way I would go if I were keeping the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.