: CarMax?

TobyJohnson11
11-22-10, 10:35 PM
I need to sell one of my vehicles very quick. I have always used ebay/auto trader in the past, but I was just wondering how much less a place like Carmax would give me if I just took it in there and let them have it. I donít need to trade just need the $. I am pretty sure they will try to hoodoo me, but with this market I donít know how much more I could get by going the ebay/auto trader route.
Has anyone had any luck with Carmax? Any better ideas?

jedhead
11-23-10, 02:52 AM
You can go to http://www.edmunds.com/ and get an appraisal for your car then know off a couple grand and that it what I would expect from Carmax

Bob

Slee_Stack
11-23-10, 10:44 AM
+1 to above

CarMax will offer you a grand or two less than 'trade-in' value. If you are deperate, bring it in to CarMax and bend over.

You will do yourself a $2000 favor if you advertise it at just over trade-in/wholesale and sell it yourself.

TobyJohnson11
11-23-10, 03:04 PM
I figured they were going to be very low. I just dont want to spend alot of time adversising and then not be able to sell it. The trade in value from KBB to Edmonds is a $2,400 difference. Edmonds is higher, but I would be happy to get anything between the two. Just wondering if the market was good enough to expect to sell it right away.

EChas3
11-23-10, 10:58 PM
Car Max makes money. They don't deal (much) and stand behind their quotes. If you have time to play the game, you can do better. If you're in a hurry, you might not do better.

Buying? I wouldn't buy a Cadillac from them. (No CPO.) Rice burner or Chevy? Maybe so.