: rotors

whos your caddy
11-22-10, 08:39 PM
what is the performance difference between slotted and flat rotors i am looking at upgrading rotors and pads on my 2000 deville with ebc slotted and red stuff pads looking for opinions

Submariner409
11-23-10, 11:26 AM
Read the advice in the EBC website - there are several links in the site which go into some pretty deep detail on what's good and bad for street use.

For everyday use in a city or suburban driving environment, slotted or drilled rotors are strictly eye candy - their function only comes into play with road course driving or autocross, and then any kind of wear, past the finish line, doesn't even enter the picture.

For street use slotted/drilled rotors are more prone to uneven pad wear - ridging - than slotted only. Slotted are also quieter than drilled.

Surf through www.placeforbrakes.com - there's a 12% EBC discount coupon on the home page and they offer free shipping.

Here's the set that will go on my car when the spirit moves me. I've had them since April !

whos your caddy
11-23-10, 07:20 PM
thanks for the info i know autobarn has really good prices on ebc stuff also just put some on my wife car and was going to see how i like them before i put them on mine

Skiller.
11-26-10, 09:30 PM
If you don't want to spend as much, RockAuto.com has great prices on Raybestos Advanced Technology rotors and AC Delco Durastop Ceramic pads. I just put a set on my car for ~$325. You don't need the drilled/slotted rotors unless you care about the looks. The pads/rotors I bought stop my car on a dime from highway speeds and it's dead smooth.

Krashed989
12-02-10, 03:15 PM
Slotted/drilled is good if you're doing a lot of downhill driving (having to ride the brakes) because it will cool off easier and you wont end up burning the brakes up as easy. Otherwise, there is no need for them (unless you're racing lol)