Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Uniroyal Gold Stripe

8K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  josephdavisjr64 
#1 ·
I was recently in the junkyard and came across a near pristine 1992 Brougham. As it has the digital odometer, there is no way I can tell how many miles are on it, but the car has the original Uniroyal: Royal Seal tires. As these tire seem few and far between, I'm wondering if it would be worth while to get them before they fall apart. I have no use for them, but I can acquire them for anyone who might want them.

They are all between 6/32 and 4/32 and are somewhat dry-rotted. The yard wants $20 per tire (with or without the rims) and beyond that I could ship them (domestically) for $10-$25 per tire, depending on where you are.

See less See more
#5 ·
^Pris-tine: (1) In original condition; unspoiled (2) Clean and fresh as if new; spotless

There was barely any rust, no scratches or swirl marks in the paint, only a few tears in the vinyl top, an exceptionally clean interior with a sagging headliner, the original tires, and a still sealed copy of the Gold Key cassette in the glove box. Most of the dents and dirt came form driving onto the yard and it sitting there a month with the vultures picking at it.

#9 ·
I suppose you would have to see the car for your self then. But I do interject, that I specified near, as in not, indicating that the car does in fact have it's faults, which may or may not be as drastic as I originally surmised. But the point at hand is not the condition of the car, which is now irrelevant as the car will inevitably be destroyed, but whether or not it would be worth while to salvage the factory original tires, which are on the car currently.

From this banter, I'm drawing the conclusion that the tires are as worthless as this thread.

#12 ·
I was recently in the junkyard and came across a near pristine 1992 Brougham. As it has the digital odometer, there is no way I can tell how many miles are on it, but the car has the original Uniroyal: Royal Seal tires. As these tire seem few and far between, I'm wondering if it would be worth while to get them before they fall apart. I have no use for them, but I can acquire them for anyone who might want them.

They are all between 6/32 and 4/32 and are somewhat dry-rotted. The yard wants $20 per tire (with or without the rims) and beyond that I could ship them (domestically) for $10-$25 per tire, depending on where you are.
Still have them Royal seal tiger paw tires if so I can be reached at 814-792-9821 Joe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.