: Roaring/Rubbing sound when it's cold..anyone else???

Carolinamom42
11-22-10, 01:23 AM
My SRX has a rubbing sound that comes from the right front. It sounds like a tire rubbing the fender. I took it in (to the dealer I purchased from)and they said they greased the struts. And it only does it when it's cold (in the morning, late afternoon if the temp is cold outside) After the car warms up it stops. It's worse now and I took it to our local dealer and they said they didn't hear anything. (Maybe because they forgot why I brought it in and changed my oil for the second time in two weeks). I am so frustrated. I've never heard of service depts. sending you on your way like there isn't a problem. Anyone else have this problem? It can't be safe to drive a car making this kind of outrageous noise.

Smokin' SRX
11-23-10, 01:11 AM
Welcome to our forum, Carolinamom42 :welcome: Pls enter some more details with your profile/Basics like what model, Luxury or Performance/Base? Premium? Turbo/ AWD or FWD? Year. Tire size: 18 or 20" ? It helps to analyze a problem.

Haven't heard that one exactly. It may be a bearing in wheel or a engine pulley. Firstly, get back to that Dealer ASAP and see the Service MGR and tell him you're concerned to drive like this again. Make sure he understands it does it only when cold out. Leave overnite if necessary!

Have the details ready IE.........does it vary with RPM engine speed? While coasting or under power? In drive, neutral or both? At all speeds? You get the idea.

If unsatisfied try another Caddy Dealer. Pls get back to us w/ results.

Good luck

SS

TheCaptain
11-23-10, 06:26 AM
My suspension squeaks when it is cold out, but it doesn't make a rubbing noise. And it only happens when traveling over larger bumps.

algiorda
11-23-10, 07:23 AM
Ok, I'll ask the obvious, "Is the wheel well liner loose and rubbing against the tire?" Does the noise only occur when you turn the steering wheel?

ajrohman
11-23-10, 06:09 PM
I have an AWD Lurury 2010 SRX. It has a rubbing type noise also, but only when the wheels are turned at a low speed - took it in to have it checked and they could not resolve the problem - they could not determine what was causing it and are suppose to check with GM as to what the solution might be. Took a 2 hour drive to Iowa City today (cold weather) when entering the hospital paking lot the car sounded like it was falling appart every time I turned a corner and when I pulled into a parking space. Sounds like a power steering problem but the service department could not resolve. It was not making the noise at the start of the trip.

Nichelle
11-23-10, 10:59 PM
Interesting. Tonight when I drove my car, I noticed a grinding/rubbing sound when I pulled into a parking space. It happens when I turn the wheel at very low speeds. It happened again when I turned into my driveway. It was 19 degrees. I'll be calling the dealership tomorrow.

Today I had it in for the power steering/hydraulic power assist recall. But this issue still exists.

TheCaptain
11-23-10, 11:13 PM
I think my squeaky suspension issue is unrelated, and totally related to a little muddy outing earlier in the year i was unable to fully clean the underside of. :o

Carolinamom42
11-24-10, 01:18 AM
Thanks everyone for all the suggestions and comments. I called the customer service number from the cadillac.com website and they made an appointment for me today to take the car to another dealer. They kept it to see how it sounds in the early morning tomorrow. And for those of you having the same issues I will keep you posted on what they find. I see that two others are having the same problem. Mine also only happens at low speed, (i.e., parking, turning out of the garage,) and when the temp outside is very cold. The service tech assured me they would not stop until they find the problem. Let's just hope they don't change my oil again :).

jcarlilesiu
11-24-10, 09:46 AM
I get the same sound. It sounds like it comes from the front right wheel well. I live in chicago so parallel park quite a bit and usually the sound comes at low speeds trying to get in and out of spaces. Cutting the wheels hard and slowly moving causes a sound like the wheel is rubbing.

The odd thing is, it only happens when the car is cold although I remember one instance of it happening after a long drive.

I always assumed that it was the power steering straining due to the hydrolic fluid being thicker.

briank99
11-24-10, 07:35 PM
My 2010 SRX Premium also has bad suspension squeeks when cold. To me it sounds like an old bedspring. I first noticed it last February when I first got it, but before I took it in for its first service in the spring, the squeeking went away. I just assumed that it 'broke in', but now that the cold weather is back it is as bad as ever. It is parked in a garage at night, so in the morning it is quiet. But after being outside in the cold for a few hours, the squeeking is back. It will be going in for service again soon and I will be bringing this issue up.

SRXCool
11-25-10, 10:19 PM
Hi all,
I too have this same low speed, only when cold rubbing sound when turning the wheels left to right or right to left, like when turning into parking spot. Cannot hear it at higher speeds. I have a 2010 Performance AWD, non-turbo, with 19000 miles on it. Coming from right front. Wheel liner is not loose and doesn 't appear to have any rubbing or tire marks on it. I will be interested to hear others' results at dealer.

farinacci
11-25-10, 10:33 PM
We too have the same problem, only when its colder outside and at slow speeds the steering sounds like it has a lot of air in the lines or something. I called the dealer and told them about the problem, they didnt seem to have heard of that before but we are taking it in on Monday to see if they can fix it. I am curious to see what it is, I didnt think so many people were experencing the same problem. I will respond with what they find out next week. We live in the twin cities and it was a cold one tonight and it made the noise on every slow turn.

Carolinamom42
11-28-10, 11:47 PM
Update: The service tech said he heard the noise but could not isolate it. I am taking my car back in tomorrow morning and they want to keep it possibly all week until they can figure out the problem. Sounds like several of you are experiencing the same and I will certainly post any updates and would appreciate any of you that figure out the problem doing the same. I think this could end up being a recall. I am also hearing a bumping sound when I accelerate or brake (sounds like something rolling back and forth in my gas tank). I'm going to report that as well. I love my SRX but it almost feels like the problems are just getting bigger.
Hope everyone had a nice thanksgiving.

farinacci
11-29-10, 07:36 PM
Well I had my SRX in the shop today and I told them about the noise with the steering and sure enough there is a recall on the steering. Not sure if its all models or just the lux and base models. But when I brought it in today it wasnt making the noise, I dont think it was cold enough, it was 40 degrees today so we will see tomorrow now that the recall has been done. Hope everyone else gets the problem solved.

GeeVee
11-29-10, 10:32 PM
I believe Sube gave us notice in a different thread about the power steering line recall. Thanks anyway

GeeVee
11-29-10, 10:40 PM
Last week there was cold temps in my area and my car was making some noises that I had`nt heard before. Mine were coming from the rear of the car. Now that the weather has warmed up, the creaks and groans have disappeared....thankfully

carbdude
11-30-10, 11:25 AM
OURS DOES IT TOO!!

We get this same tire rubbing sound!!

To us, it seems to be coming from the drivers side front wheel well, and usually at lower speeds when turning left.

My first thought was a build up of snow & ice in the wheel wells,
but all was clear around both front and rear tires.

This symptom will be added to the list that we've started for our first dealer visit.

2010 Lux Pkg. - AWD - 18" wheels - 5,000 miles

Dude

ajrohman
12-01-10, 01:17 PM
I had my 2010 SRX in for service today and was talking to the service rep about my previous complaint with noise on turning at slow speed during cold weather(see above). He mentioned that he was aware of others having a similar problem. During the conversation he looked up my vehicle and found a recall had recently been issued(11.17.10). I think this was different from the previous power steering recall in that this recall was for the replacement of several parts while the previous called for inspection and replacement of a pinched hose if required - also this was outside of the previous vin numbers on the original recall. I have not recieved a notice from GM yet on the recall. The dealer ordered the parts - we will see if this corrects my problem.

farinacci
12-01-10, 09:17 PM
Ok, well we had our SRX in for the recall on the steering that Ajrohman stated above. It didnt fix the noise. We are bringing it back in on Monday for them to look at the problem again. When we had it in the other day for the recall it wasnt making the noise at the time but the next day it got colder and sure enough it started making the noise again. Sounds like a bunch of us are having the same exact problem so as soon as I get it in on Monday I will post what they find out.

Carolinamom42
12-02-10, 04:36 PM
I'm going to change my name to Unhappy Cadillac Owner. I am going to pick up my car tomorrow morning because the dealer is telling me that the parts to fix my car are on back order and it could be up to three weeks before they come in and they want the rental car back. I think she said it was the strut assembly. She said with a new car sometimes you have to wait for them to manufacture the parts!
This will be 5 trips to the dealer(s) and 3 rental cars and lots of missed work and still the car is not fixed. For those of you having the same problem, I'm sorry. I've never had a new car with so many problems. As for the bumping sound in the rear end, they haven't addressed that problem yet. Soooo...If you see a White SRX pulling in to a parking lot and it's making a loud roar like air brakes.....it's just me...waiting for my parts to come in!! :mad:

ajrohman
12-02-10, 05:36 PM
Carolinamom42 - so have they determined that the strut assembly is causing this noise? I see that "farinacci" above had the power steering recall completed but is still getting the noise. The dealer has ordered parts for my steering recall but no word on delivery. I now have doubts that the power steering recall will fix my problem.

sube5186
12-02-10, 05:47 PM
Carolinamom42 - so have they determined that the strut assembly is causing this noise? I see that "farinacci" above had the power steering recall completed but is still getting the noise. The dealer has ordered parts for my steering recall but no word on delivery. I now have doubts that the power steering recall will fix my problem.

That would be correct. The recall for the power steering line has nothing to do with "noises". It's related to a potential power steering fluid leak.

http://media.gm.com/content/media/us/en/news/news_detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2010/Oct/1007_cadillac_srx

Sube

cadigirlchicago2
12-03-10, 08:21 PM
Last week there was cold temps in my area and my car was making some noises that I had`nt heard before. Mine were coming from the rear of the car. Now that the weather has warmed up, the creaks and groans have disappeared....thankfully

I just took my 2010SRX into the dealer for my routine oil change. I noticed a ticking noise near the driver side and literally as I was saying there's this noise....the service guy said with the steering wheel. I said no and he said oh, there's a huge problem happening with this sort of grinding noise when the vehicle is cold. He said Cadillac is aware of it but at this time there isn't a fix. They have to make something for it but to date there is nothing available. Hope this helps everyone.

stevec5375
12-03-10, 09:12 PM
I just took my 2010SRX into the dealer for my routine oil change. I noticed a ticking noise near the driver side and literally as I was saying there's this noise....the service guy said with the steering wheel. I said no and he said oh, there's a huge problem happening with this sort of grinding noise when the vehicle is cold. He said Cadillac is aware of it but at this time there isn't a fix. They have to make something for it but to date there is nothing available. Hope this helps everyone.

I must be lucky. I haven't had this happen yet and it's gotten down to the upper 20's here. (Knock on wood!) :)

Carolinamom42
12-05-10, 09:04 PM
So tonight I was thinking while I was driving how much I love my SRX and how much i hate that loud noise it makes when it's cold outside and then I read cadigirlchicago2's post and I decided what to do. I'm gonna call cadillac as many times as it takes until they figure a fix. Wonder what part I'm waiting on from my dealer that they said would take three weeks to get here if there really is no fix for the problem. Have any of you that are having the same problem heard anything yet?

farinacci
12-07-10, 08:47 PM
I just went and picked mine up today. They said it is the upper strut mounts and they are on back order and they dont know when they will come in. I asked if it is the same part that is on the vehicle right now and he said yes. I also asked if it is going to do the samething since its the exact same part, he said there is no guarantee that it wont but he did think it would. I think that it probably will just give it time since the ones I have in there now only have 9,000 miles on them. But I guess we will see what happens. My guess is that they will have to engineer a fix for that and then we will have to go back in and get that part put on. Oh well I still really like our SRX its a great vehicle.

cadigirlchicago2
12-09-10, 09:21 PM
Ok, 1 week ago I took my 2010 SRX for the oil change and found out about this grinding kind of noise and was warned of this problem, at the time mine wasn't making the noise ( 2010 SRX Luxury ). Today the noise started!!! I'm in chicago and it's been cold here. I called the dealership and talked to the same guy who told me about the problem last week. It's something to do with the axl in the steering wheel. He said they have come up with 3 designs and they are all making the noise so far. No fix available. He said it's not a safety issue, just an annoying noise. Hell yeah it's annoying! You buy a cadillac and expect it to be a primo vehicle. I'm annoyed now. No fixes, the best he said was to call cadillac to complain. He said the 2011's are doing the same thing and it's all cold weather related. This was my 1st cadillac and it was fine up until today, I have aprox 19,000 miles on it and it's 14 months old ( bought it Oct 2009 ).

carbdude
12-13-10, 11:39 AM
We took our pos into the dealer for the P/S Hose Bracket recall / replacement this past Thursday...

I mentioned all of my current issues to the service writer, with this Rubbing / Roaring Sound being my main complaint.

Sure enough, in their doing a visual inspection, the Tech found nothing wrong!

So they ordered replacement Front Upper Strut Bushings.... and Here's where we are this a.m.

Our temps here today are in the +45* / +50* range and this Rubbing / Roaring IS WORSE NOW than ever before?????

So I just called and talked to the service writer to see if they had done any adjustments of any kind that would have made our Rubbing Noise issue worse,

he said they had not!!

I can't believe that any manufacture that's been in business as long as GM / Cadillac can't find / use / design a strut package that doesn't make this irritating sound.:mad::mad::mad:

*** Just drove the car again here a bit a go, and now the Creeks and Groans seem to be coming from the Rear Suspension and the Steering Column?????

Dude

jcee
12-14-10, 10:30 AM
I never know if I'm happy to see that others are having the same problem as me or if it's bad because it usually involves parts that are on backorder. Well, I have a 2010 SRX Performance with 5555 miles on it as of last nights fill up. I live in Orlando, Florida and yesterday we had a cold snap. I still can't believe that I have never heard this problem, but yesterday morning as I backed out of my driveway it started. Sounds like it's coming from the right side under the dashboard. Only happens when I turn the wheel, so I'm sure it's the same issue that everyone's having. Today is even colder, so of course it's doing it again. Now I am curious to see what happens when it warms up in a few days. I'm very disappointed with Cadillac, but I guess I'm glad I don't live in a cold climate or it may be worse. Any updates are appreciated.

ddavis96
12-14-10, 02:23 PM
I sent you a 2nd PM and would like to help. Please send me a PM so we can hopefully work through your issues together.

- Don

I'm acting on my behalf and not officially for GM.

Carolinamom42
12-14-10, 10:25 PM
Well I don't have any news to report because the dealer hasn't called me back about my parts that were "ordered". I think it's official that there is a definite problem and that someone had better engineer a better strut or whatever that part is. I'm kind of like jcee in that I am very disappointed in Cadillac. Wonder if anyone who is affiliated with Cadillac ever bothers to read these forums? If so, know this......my Lincoln Navigator never gave me the first problem. I owned it for 8 years. I'm thinking about going back.

TheCaptain
12-15-10, 10:07 AM
Hmm, my front left suspension squeaking is apparently not related to any mud or debris in the suspension. It just squeaks when its cold... :(
I'll let the dealer know next time i go in and see what they say.

sube5186
12-15-10, 11:08 AM
Hmm, my front left suspension squeaking is apparently not related to any mud or debris in the suspension. It just squeaks when its cold... :(
I'll let the dealer know next time i go in and see what they say.

Capt, I don't know if this pertains to your SRX or not, but I thought I'd bring it to your attention. I found it on the GM Techlink site.

SRX - Front suspension noise over bumps in cold weather
Lubricate the stabilizer bar bushings with dielectric grease
Do not replace the stabilizer bar/bushings or any other suspension components

TSB no. 10-03-08-001

Sube

ajrohman
12-15-10, 11:38 AM
I had recall 10309 completed today and it did not help the noise. Serv rep said this was the first step in the solution of the problem. They are currently trying repairs on another 2010 SRX by replacing "strut mounts". He is ordering those parts for my vehicle today. These may be the same parts that are on back-order for others on this thread.

TheCaptain
12-15-10, 02:58 PM
Thanks Sube! I'll see what i can do!

carbdude
12-15-10, 04:03 PM
**I Gave GM Customer Service 866-509-9090 a call this a.m. and got case number established for ALL of our SRX ills.

I suggest to all on this forum, that you take this same action...
Get Your Issues Documented at the Factory Level.

There is power in numbers, and hopefully GM will find a fix to all of these minor BS issues... issues that should have been addressed before the cars were sold to the public.

Merry Christmas!

Dude

SWATBOY
12-16-10, 11:37 AM
My dealer, Ed Morse Cadi Tampa, Fl, has ordered me a motor mount to fix the problem. Mine does the same on the right side and they said the mount is defective. Many of the other customers at this dealership have the same problem. Motor mounts on back order of course.

RAB
12-16-10, 11:43 AM
It's interesting reading the varying descriptions of the noise that's being generated. :) "Roaring/Rubbing" is in the thread title, but I've also read grinding, squeaking, bumping, groaning, ticking and 'tire-rubbing-sound' in some other posters' descriptions.. in discussion of the same priniciple issue or perhaps one or more other noise issues. It's no wonder service managers can often have a difficult time trying to figure out what the customer is getting at.

I am considering selling/trading my problem-free '09 CTS for a '10 or '11 SRX, but I'm not sure I want to buy into mysterious suspension noise problems that GM doesn't quite have a handle on yet. From what I can gather (after reading all posts in this thread), the priniciple issue is that there's a loud 'rubbing' noise occurring (at colder temps only, heard at low vehicle speeds only, and particularly happening with the front wheels being turned one way or the other, such as in a parking manoeuvre), and the problem rests with either :
a) the front struts themselves, or..
b) the front strut mounts

It seems to me the problem is not serious (not a show-stopper or cause for alarm) and can be classified as more of an annoyance than anything else. It could well turn out to be a manufacturing tolerance issue with the front struts, and they (GM) could be fixing that problem right now (hence the current back-order on struts). In any event, the issue will ultimately be addressed via warranty on affected vehicles.
I won't let this particular issue influence any decision I may take to obtain a 2nd gen SRX.

SWATBOY
12-16-10, 11:55 AM
I get a rumble from the left rear of the SRX when I go over uneven pavement. This is different from the rubbing sound in the right front (ordered motor mount for that). They have ordered me a left rear shock which they say is defective. I will let everyone know tomorrow if it fixes the problem.

RAB
12-16-10, 12:11 PM
I get a rumble from the left rear of the SRX when I go over uneven pavement. This is different from the rubbing sound in the right front (ordered motor mount for that). They have ordered me a left rear shock which they say is defective. I will let everyone know tomorrow if it fixes the problem.

SWATBOY, I see that you live around Tampa, Florida. Was the right front rubbing sound on your vehicle (that your dealer believes is caused by a defective motor mount) initiated/brought on by colder weather? If the problem didn't initiate with any colder weather that you may be experiencing, then your particular issue may be completely different from that of the OP's and other posters' descriptions of the principle "cold weather" noise issue.

As for your rumble issue (from the left rear), would that be cold weather related?.. or are you just reporting on another example of other/unrelated suspension noise to add to the overall mix here?

Just trying to keep things clear, is all.

carbdude
12-18-10, 11:44 AM
Additional Contact of SRX Suspension Noise Problems / Issues...

Car problem(s) with the 2010-2011 Cadillac SRX.

This database includes information received by NHTSA from consumers either directly or as recorded by the Vehicle Safety Hotline. This information may be used by NHTSA during the investigation process. You may file your own complaint by calling the NHTSA Monday-Friday 8am to 8pm at (888) 327-4236, TTY: (800) 424-9153. You can also file your complaint online.

For those of you that are not having to contend with these problems, good for you... (but don't tell me to love my car or go buy a something foreign, because I would have done that originally if that were my intent!)

NOW for the rest of us who are having issues, I'd suggest that you contact NHTSA and file a complaint.

I / WE did not spend the kind of money that we did on these vehicles to have to put up with such an inferior design and workmanship, and then these BS trial & error dealer repairs for GM to find the solution.

Maybe they should build these cars back here in the states (OH, WI, MI, IN) where it gets cold instead of F***'n mexico.

MY 2CENTS!!!

Dude

stevec5375
12-18-10, 01:55 PM
Additional Contact of SRX Suspension Noise Problems / Issues...

Car problem(s) with the 2010-2011 Cadillac SRX.

This database includes information received by NHTSA from consumers either directly or as recorded by the Vehicle Safety Hotline. This information may be used by NHTSA during the investigation process. You may file your own complaint by calling the NHTSA Monday-Friday 8am to 8pm at (888) 327-4236, TTY: (800) 424-9153. You can also file your complaint online.

For those of you that are not having to contend with these problems, good for you... (but don't tell me to love my car or go buy a something foreign, because I would have done that originally if that were my intent!)

NOW for the rest of us who are having issues, I'd suggest that you contact NHTSA and file a complaint.

I / WE did not spend the kind of money that we did on these vehicles to have to put up with such an inferior design and workmanship, and then these BS trial & error dealer repairs for GM to find the solution.

Maybe they should build these cars back here in the states (OH, WI, MI, IN) where it gets cold instead of F***'n mexico.

MY 2CENTS!!!

Dude

I love it! I agree with you 110%

Ponyman
12-19-10, 03:23 PM
Then go buy something else American instead.

stemp
12-21-10, 01:39 PM
I bought an srx also and the first day they delivered it we heard the same rubbing noise.We live in Alberta Canada and it does get cold and thats when we hear the noise.So it sounds like the same problem cold wheather only.Phoned the dealer and told him to look into it and will let you know what he found out.

SWATBOY
12-22-10, 10:32 AM

Yes the left rear shock/strut was defective. New one fixed the problem.

SWATBOY
12-22-10, 10:38 AM
Sorry I wasnt clear. Let me try again. The first problem I had was the rumble from the left rear. This was not cold weather related. they put on a new shock/strut and problem now fixed.

the other problem was the grinding noise in the right front in weather colder than 45 degrees. After i drove a while the noise would go away. I left the SRX at the dealer overnight on a sub-40 degree night. Mechanic heard grinding and says the problem is the Motor Mount on the right side of the engine. The ordered one for me and it is on back order. When the new motor mount is installed i will let everyone know how it worked. Hopefully the motor mount will be installed before our short winter is over.

shrb
12-23-10, 12:35 AM
I have been having issues since March. I have a rear lift gate sqeakiness, front right roughness/noise, steering/turning noise like plastic being dragged, but in the steering column, have had break pads replaced, have had the rear lift gate shut on 4 different people, then while on vacation the door closed and would not open. We had a module replaced when we got home and it has fixed the problem of closing but not the squeakiness. I have filed under the lemon law and our hearing is January 13th. I had the same noise in the right front in the summer and I live in Tx. Today when I took my car in to get the passenger side mirror replaced, the service guy said there were 4 bulletins out on my car and I had a leaking radiator hose! They heard the noise in the steering and he said that in the steering column there was a baring or something that was supposed to be lubed at the factory. It was not and so they are going to have to take it apart, lube it, drive it, take it apart again, lube it, and that should fix the noise. It only makes the noise when I am turning the steering wheel. Whether I am sitting still and just turning the wheel or turning into a parking lot. I have had my SRX in the shop about 20 + times for various things. I am trading for a Tahoe if they do a buy back. It took them 6 weeks to get a new side mirror from the factory just because they didn't have one in stock at the FACTORY! I took it in and they fixed the mirror and then 2 weeks later it stopped working again. I had to drive all the way to the dealership only to be told "It is not talking to the computer" So they ordered the mirror and we waited 6 wks. Also, my rear struts are not in alignment with the springs and so the "roughness" that I am feeling they think is due to that. I have fired one dealership for making me think this is some how my fault and telling me it is costing them "the dealership" $150.00 a day for them to loan me a car so they can work on mine! I had that car in so many times only to be made to feel this was all my fault. I am getting excellent service now, but spent 5 hours in a town 45 min. away with my 8 yr. old waiting yet again to find out what is going on with my car. I suggest finding a dealership that will be patient with you and work for a solution. The strut issue has been going on for a long time. I have a bulletin dated May 2010. I have had a case opened with Cadillac on this car since April 2010 and one of their regional specialist told me they were working on a fix for the struts but did not have a replacement because the engineering group was still working on them. So as far as a redesign, there isn't one yet. This car drove like a dream for the first 4 months I had the car and it went down hill from there. Good luck with your problem.

Update: The service tech said he heard the noise but could not isolate it. I am taking my car back in tomorrow morning and they want to keep it possibly all week until they can figure out the problem. Sounds like several of you are experiencing the same and I will certainly post any updates and would appreciate any of you that figure out the problem doing the same. I think this could end up being a recall. I am also hearing a bumping sound when I accelerate or brake (sounds like something rolling back and forth in my gas tank). I'm going to report that as well. I love my SRX but it almost feels like the problems are just getting bigger.
Hope everyone had a nice thanksgiving.

Ponyman
12-23-10, 09:32 PM
Hopefully you will get the Tahoe replacement that you want. They are great vehicles, my Avalanche is really just a longer version and we love it. I feel your pain. If not for a very good dealership service dept, I would probably still be fighting with Cadillac over the motor in my 08 CTS going bad with less than 1500 miles and three months old. That eventually worked out well because of my dealer. Hope yours turns out ok. I know it is a lot of money, but keep telling yourself it is just a car. Not you or some loved ones life in jeopardy.

TheCaptain
12-26-10, 03:34 PM
That TSB on the squeaky suspension fixed me right up Sube, thanks again!

sube5186
12-26-10, 08:22 PM
That TSB on the squeaky suspension fixed me right up Sube, thanks again!

Good to hear Capt. Glad I could help. :yup:

Sube

PJ1520
12-27-10, 11:16 AM
Love it when someone connects the dots with a one sentence solution for many. It happens far too seldom on forums such as this. Thanks, Sube.

PJ

ajrohman
12-27-10, 07:40 PM
Not sure how to get the reply the way I want it but; sube5186 was there a thread on the squaky suspension? I tried a search but did not find anything with a TSB mentioned.

sube5186
12-27-10, 09:22 PM
Was there a thread on the squaky suspension? I tried a search but did not find anything with a TSB mentioned.

Not an entire thread, but a post (by me) in this thread.

Sube

cavharley
12-28-10, 06:05 PM
This is the worst scrapping noise ever ,it started when it got cold around 35 degrees or less. When I turn my steering wheel especially when its a tight turn. You really don't notice it when you drive as much because your not moving the wheel so much. The mechanic said he never heard any thing like it. They ordered parts to repair it. I'm not sure what but I'm waiting. They said there isn't any available yet which tells me this is common. I hope it gets fixed soon, I'm to embarrrassed to have some one in the car and hear it.They told me they havn't had any other complaints yet. I thought I was the olny one !

cavharley
12-28-10, 06:09 PM
Brilliant!

cavharley
12-28-10, 06:34 PM
Glad to hear that ! I love my caddy it's a beautiful car and I think this will be resolved soon. No other problems. It's always a joy to drive. (Luxury awd , beautiful red w/tan int)

cavharley
12-28-10, 06:45 PM
All cars need to be tested in extreme conditions for this very reason. Cold temp can really test a cars design, materials such as plastic ect. I was surprised to see assembled in Mexico. And we complain because of10% Umployment! One of many reasons

Carolinamom42
01-04-11, 09:21 PM
Well since I originally started this conversation I would like to update my situation. I had an appt to take my car in for strut repair (the original problem ) last week but it snowed so I postponed it. I also asked about the recall on the power steering because I received a notice in the mail. I was assured that the dealer could fix everything in one appt. So I rescheduled for this past Monday Jan. 3. I took the car in and again I asked if they had the parts for the recall as well as the parts for the rubbing roaring sounds (struts according to the dealership). Yes I was told...they had all the parts. (I have waited almost 5 weeks for these strut parts to come in) So today I called to check on the car and guess what??? They don't have the parts they need to fix it. I am on my 4th rental car in two months. I have driven stinky dirty rental cars (honestly, you have no idea) more than my brand new SRX. So they want me to come and get it and bring it back when they get the parts. I have some really good advice for all you with problems. Just forget it! They apparently aren't manufacturing parts for these cars. We are fighting a losing battle. I'm going to give it back to them. I guess the battle begins tomorrow. I hope everyone else is having better luck.

carbdude
01-05-11, 09:56 AM
Carolinamom42...
I'm sorry to hear that this has happened to you again also, but *GM / CADILLAC is not prepared to do anything...

*They don't know how to fix this issue, because they don't truly know what it is that's causing this Rubbing / Grinding noise...

It's so apparent, because they keep all us coming back and forth just swapping parts (if & when they are available) and greasing bushings (which has no long term effect)... and we're supposed to Grin & Bare It because it's a Cadillac! (PonyMan)

I say, that it's because it's a Cadillac that we expect better!

Screw this BS of running back and forth to the dealerships being the guinea pigs for GM...

Mom and others, it's time you make that next move and get a complaint report filled directly with GM and the NHTSA

- GM Customer Service 866-509-9090

- NHTSA Monday-Friday 888-327-4236 / (TTY: (800) 424-9153)

Dude

Ponyman
01-05-11, 01:00 PM
Actually carbDUD, I have never told any to grin and bare anything. I have stressed that a few have actual serious problems that need to be addressed. Most are complaining about nit picking things that just happen no matter what brand, afterall they are machines, and if man makes them they will break. I have also defended the American manufacturers, not just Cadillac, and the fact just that because you have a minor problem that all SRX's and all Cadillacs are not bad. Many of us, me included have no problems with their vehicles, except for the dreaded chrome strip, so thye must not ALL be bad. For those of you with serious issues, i feel for you and hope they somehow get resolved to your satisfaction. For the rest, either work through your minor problems, or get a life and get rid of the vehicle. Shrb probably has the worst experience on this board, yet she has kept a good attitude and to my suprise een said she would like another SRX So, carbDUD get YOUR facts straight before you try to put words in my mouth . Have a Nice Day.

cavharley
01-06-11, 05:39 PM
Good news my SRX is Fixed! Re: Scraping wheel noise when cold. Great tech he called techline said to replace strut componet or spring replacement both sides , also replaced strut bearings (front)Took 2 weeks for parts ,2hrs to fix. I was beginning to think there was no hope reading all the blogs. To carolinamom42 why are u renting cars and driving junks ? this car is safe to drive just sounds bad when cold. I've been driving mine all the time.I believe these are the part #'s (20959159 (FP) : mount (07395-K ) also should include strut bearings. Good luck,Happy in NY (27degrees today and no noise)

Ponyman
01-06-11, 07:32 PM
Great news!!

shrb
01-08-11, 11:17 PM
carolinamom42,
All I can tell you is I started having trouble in March of 2009 and I am going to court on Thursday, Jan. 13th for my complaint with the Texas Dept. of Transportation under the lemon law. All that you have to do is prove you have given them 3 opportunities to fix your car for the same thing and if they fail, than file a complaint. I learned the hard way, but only filed the complaint at the end of October and it went really fast from there. I just have put up with this nonsense thinking everytime was the last time! I have a case advisory with TXDOT that I can call for support, but the main thing is documentation. Go to my thread, "Struts, Liftgate.....round 2" and read what one guy posted. Awesome information on the steps and details. We are too busy to run back and forth and the funny thing is if I win in court, there is a formula for reimbursement. All those 100 mile round trips to the dealership for repairs.....I will probably be charged for in mileage. Just don't wait. The form is online and only cost $35.00. Hope this helps you.
S

cavharley
01-10-11, 02:56 PM
Read my post ! This easy to FIX. Otto Cadillac 518-869-5000 ask for John in service, he will tell you what you need for the steering noise when cold. I posted all the imfo. Good Luck

stevec5375
01-10-11, 03:25 PM
Read my post ! This easy to FIX. Otto Cadillac 518-869-5000 ask for John in service, he will tell you what you need for the steering noise when cold. I posted all the imfo. Good Luck

If this is easy to fix why don't you have John at Otto Cadillac call GM (Cadillac) and tell them how. There seems to be a lot of people having the problem and Cadillac must be clueless as is evidenced by people having to file the Lemon Law over it. :)

cavharley
01-11-11, 06:49 PM
I don't what else to tell you except its FIXED! Give this imfo to your service dept and they can fix it. Its been a week and no problems and really cold. I know your frustated because I felt the same as you , I paid all this money and could'nt believe my car was making such a grinding sound when steering. When the tech said he knew where the problem was I was not convinced until I drove it for a few days. I just don't understand why the rest of you are still having this problem if they replace the necessary parts as I have described. Otherwise I really like my caddy, runs great and is beautiful (Red awd Lux ) sharpest car on the road! I hope I continue to have good luck ,who knows there just machines and every make of car can have problems and they do.

Auntie Evil
01-11-11, 10:11 PM
I have been experiencing the same rubbing sound coming from the front passenger side at low speeds when turning the wheel. Seem to notice when pulling out of garage or backing in. Afraid to even bring it to the dealership for yet another problem. I got my SRX in March of 2010 and it has been at the dealership for service 39 days (not all at once) can't take it any more going to pursue the lemon law anyone else had their car in that much or any advice?

cavharley
01-12-11, 03:42 PM
Aunti Evil , I pulled up the Cadillac site and looked up owners ratings and found about 5 not so happy and most rated their cars 5 stars being the highest , they rate 4 categories overall and thats how you get your score. It sounds like you and some others have lemons and I would be upset to. I'm sure alot has to do with your service dept and lousy techs. I noticed alot of these cars were purchased in march and it seems to me they had bugs to work out. I purchased mine in August 2010 and so far just the one problem, but it only has 5000 mi. Sorry your having such problems. Can you tell me what they are?

stevec5375
01-12-11, 04:43 PM
Aunti Evil , I pulled up the Cadillac site and looked up owners ratings and found about 5 not so happy and most rated their cars 5 stars being the highest , they rate 4 categories overall and thats how you get your score. It sounds like you and some others have lemons and I would be upset to. I'm sure alot has to do with your service dept and lousy techs. I noticed alot of these cars were purchased in march and it seems to me they had bugs to work out. I purchased mine in August 2010 and so far just the one problem, but it only has 5000 mi. Sorry your having such problems. Can you tell me what they are?

IMHO, I would not trust reviews on the manufacturer's web site. They can post/delete anything they want to there. You really need a reliable 3rd party web site to get less biased opinions.

TheCaptain
01-13-11, 04:07 PM
Update on my front driver's side suspension squeaking. It is the upper strut mount, and parts are on the way. Should be fixed soon!

ajrohman
01-14-11, 04:44 PM
I had "the upper strut mounts" replaced Monday and have not had any of the rubbing sound on low speed turns during cold weather occur. Maybe my problem has been solved. In addition they tightened the rear hatch and that has eliminated the cold weather squeak I was also having from this area.

cavharley
01-14-11, 06:00 PM
You should be fine , Its been in the low teens and still perfect. I'm glad yours is fixed , if the others with same problem replace upper strut mounts theirs will be fixed also!

shrb
01-15-11, 10:12 PM
I'm jealous that your dealers are replacing struts, mounts and fixing springs.....lol my dealer told me "No". I'm glad more dealers are taking care of this problem. Maybe just maybe Cadillac has figured out a fix and they are willing to eat the cost of the struts/mounts for happy customers. I was not so lucky, but this does give me great hope!
Auntie Evil.....go read my post about pursuing the Lemon Law. I just did and had great results. The post is at the top of the list regarding struts, liftgade....round 2.
Good Luck!
S

cavharley
01-17-11, 06:02 PM
Did you say they wouldn't replace the necessary parts ? , thats crazy this car is under full warranty and they have to do or try what ever takes ! your service dept is F- up . DEMAND IT.

cz9h3d
01-19-11, 11:29 AM
Did you say they wouldn't replace the necessary parts ? , thats crazy this car is under full warranty and they have to do or try what ever takes ! your service dept is F- up . DEMAND IT.

The dealer only gets reimbursed for warranty work that is done correctly. If they just start replacing parts based on customer demand, they'll go out of business quickly. There have been a few different front suspension issues since the vehicle launched, so don't assume that every vehicle in this thread has the same issue and repair procedure (one of the issues had a service bulletin that said "don't replace parts"). Of course maybe it is a clueless service department - no way to know. I'm just saying, don't necessarily assume.........

cz9h3d
01-19-11, 11:35 AM

The dealer only gets reimbursed for warranty work that is done correctly. If they just start replacing parts based on customer demand, they'll go out of business quickly. There have been a few different front suspension issues since the vehicle launched, so don't assume that every vehicle in this thread has the same issue and repair procedure (one of the issues had a service bulletin that said "don't replace parts"). Of course maybe it is a clueless service department - no way to know. I'm just saying, don't necessarily assume.........

shrb
01-19-11, 07:01 PM
Hey you two, I just settled a Lemon Law case and they are replacing my car.....so I guess, the parts should have been replaced. The service dept. at my old dealer is stupid and acted like all the problems were my fault. I spent 10 months with problems with this car and after spending 5 with this dealer, I finally fired them and went to another one. So the problems were there, they just said "No". I had to live with that. The second dealer had the car over Christmas and there were 4 bulletins on my car, a radiator leak, they replaced a side mirror, tightened springs, etc. There were a total of 8 things done to the car that time and it is still not fixed. SO, I get a new 2011 soon. They had to order one because they could not find one like I have. Performance, gray flannel, ebony w/titanium, SRX.

So if you know and feel the car is not driving or doing what it is not suppose to, than change dealerships. I was persistant and it paid off. Stay the course.

S

cavharley
01-21-11, 07:56 PM
There are no bulletins regarding this problem ! If you noticed there have two others that have replaced the parts (Front upper struts ) and their cars are Fixed. Yes your service dept is clueless and I and NOT assuming ! how ever if you don't have roaring / Rubbing and scraping sound then this not your answer.

cadigirlchicago2
01-25-11, 12:20 PM
I just called my dealer to see if they knew of this fix and they gave me the strut mount part # 20999167. He said this is the newest part # and it's for the 2011's and it's also being used on the 2010's as well. He didn't give me any other part #'s other than this one. Has anyone gotten a replacement with the new part # I noted above and did it work for you?

ajrohman
01-26-11, 08:15 AM
That was the part (# 20999167) that was used to fix my problem. No noise so far - replaced on 1/10/11, it was ordered on 12/15.

cavharley
02-01-11, 07:16 PM
I have and my 2010 has been good to go ! 6 weeks and really COLD no noise.

cavharley
02-01-11, 07:19 PM
Yes , It will fix your SRX, good luck happy in NY 6 weeks and no noise and its super cold!

cavharley
02-07-11, 06:00 PM
My 2010 SRX doesn't have auto headlight dimmer ! My 2007 jeep limited had this option as has many of my previous cars. I thought this was pretty much std on most high end cars and even not so high end , does any one have any imfo on this? it worked perfect on my Jeep and I got really used to it, lazy in NY

lauriel
02-08-11, 03:02 AM
My SRX has a rubbing sound that comes from the right front. It sounds like a tire rubbing the fender. I took it in (to the dealer I purchased from)and they said they greased the struts. And it only does it when it's cold (in the morning, late afternoon if the temp is cold outside) After the car warms up it stops. It's worse now and I took it to our local dealer and they said they didn't hear anything. (Maybe because they forgot why I brought it in and changed my oil for the second time in two weeks). I am so frustrated. I've never heard of service depts. sending you on your way like there isn't a problem. Anyone else have this problem? It can't be safe to drive a car making this kind of outrageous noise.

Yes. My 2010 SRX FWD did the same. With a recent winter storm and freezing temps blow 20 and 10 degree I was driving on the snow and ice and the steering arms began making a very loud crackling noise like it was freezing up and going to crack off, I called the service dept while driving and service writer stated that it had to do with the idler arms housing becomming stiff from the freeze and the arms were rubbing against it. ?? Then he mentioned DRY STRUTS. Hmmm, He also had just told me 4 weeks ago when i brought to his attention some noises coming from my dash that it was my STRUTS, and actually ordered replacement STRUTS and said i may have to wait for a month before the parts would be in. I was scheduled to bring my car in Yesterday morning and i called and cancelled. I have spent hours and hours researching this issue. I did find some info on Defective Struts, however not a recall for it yet. I continued to drive my car. Weather has warmed up and i do not hear this noise now. However; I'm now researching this Defective Strut issue heavily.
And I do understand your level of frustration dealing with the Dealership/Service Dept.

Dean5101
02-10-11, 01:24 PM
Just bought a 2011 SRX in Dec. It's been cold here in Chicago and now I have the noise too (driver front). :( /sigh. I'll bring it up to the dealer today. I also got a warning to service the rear axle. Car only has 2k miles on it. :(

The SRX's shocks sound like my Toyota Avalon with 250k miles on it!

stevec5375
02-10-11, 03:07 PM
Just bought a 2011 SRX in Dec. It's been cold here in Chicago and now I have the noise too (driver front). :( /sigh. I'll bring it up to the dealer today. I also got a warning to service the rear axle. Car only has 2k miles on it. :(

Sorry to hear that you are yet another victim of this ongoing problem. What amazes me is that this has been an issue with the 2010 model and Cadillac still has not found the solution and new cars are coming out with the problem. This does not bode well for repeat sales.

lauriel
02-11-11, 01:23 AM

Bummer! Sorry to hear the same issues for your SRX also. My SRX is now scheduled for Strut Mount replacement this Monday. This is not the first issue with my car and I have a feeling it won't be the last. Ongoing issues beginning 8 days after purchase, now 6 months later...

Smokin' SRX
02-11-11, 08:29 AM
So curious.....my 2010 is silent ( 11 F degrees today) and I don't baby her/slow down much, for speed bumps. (hey ,it's a Caddy!) Why do some have the problem some don't?? 5 posts above me, the part # for a replacement part is given and it seems it successfully fixes the noise. Why don't we all ask for this (if we have the noise described). I sure will, if I encounter this noise.

Still curious how exact same year, models don't correlate..... I know they sometimes use different suppliers, ,midstream-on the production line if parts run out. What's going on in Mexico anyway....?

I'd be insane if my SRX sounded like a percolator, while tooling down the road.

Thx to all who post/earnestly offer to help, thru their experiences! This is what makes a great Forum, even if we don't all agree on everything, all the time.

Still curious.......
SS

cadigirlchicago2
02-11-11, 09:56 AM
The part # that I posted earlier above is the current fix for this problem. I was told that both the 2010's and 2011's have this same issue. I am going to take mine in next week for this replacement and see how it goes. It's been making the horrible noise all week especially on start up since it's been so frigid in chicago these past few weeks. I also noticed another new noise, it's like a thumping noise from the passenger front side. I guess I'll have to search the forum again and see if I can find this problem ( or if anyone knows of the thread can you please direct me to it ).

cavharley
02-11-11, 06:00 PM
I had upper strut parts replaced in Dec and its been perfect ! , when you do there will be no more noise . I can't believe I'm still reading about the same problem with so many of you. This imfo has been posted for several weeks. Its just as cold in NY and no noise,you don't need to research this! Its the upper strut mounts. Good Luck If you want to chat call me and I'll be happy to explain this 518-381-1747 Mike

stevec5375
02-11-11, 06:11 PM
I had upper strut parts replaced in Dec and its been perfect ! , when you do there will be no more noise . I can't believe I'm still reading about the same problem with so many of you. This imfo has been posted for several weeks. Its just as cold in NY and no noise,you don't need to research this! Its the upper strut mounts. Good Luck If you want to chat call me and I'll be happy to explain this 518-381-1747 Mike

You're brave putting a phone number on the internet. Every SPAMBOT known to man will have it in no time.

Marc NY
02-11-11, 07:05 PM
You're brave putting a phone number on the internet. Every SPAMBOT known to man will have it in no time.Steve you are certainly spot on with that one! Best to use PMs for contact information.

cavharley
02-12-11, 04:53 PM
Your right ! , its not a personal # (Business) and all my calls are screened but I thought I could explain it better on phone. Won't do it again.

cavharley
02-13-11, 08:55 PM
Oh ! I forgot to mention that my Phone number is also in the yellow pages aprox 100,000 or so in my area alone not to mention Super pages, so I'm trying to figure out what the heck I'm going to do. Just thought I'd have a little fun with this since it's not a ss # or ba or cc #'s , I'll bet many of you are also in the PB. Better watch out for SPAMBOT POLICE, It's Paranoia time Yikes ,No calls yet darn it.

lauriel
02-16-11, 02:36 AM
Oh ! I forgot to mention that my Phone number is also in the yellow pages aprox 100,000 or so in my area alone not to mention Super pages, so I'm trying to figure out what the heck I'm going to do. Just thought I'd have a little fun with this since it's not a ss # or ba or cc #'s , I'll bet many of you are also in the PB. Better watch out for SPAMBOT POLICE, It's Paranoia time Yikes ,No calls yet darn it.

LOL! ...I thought about calling you.

lauriel
02-16-11, 03:06 AM
UPDATE to my prior post on the front end noise during freezing temperatures regarding: Defective Struts. On 2/14/11 Left and Right front strut mount bearings replaced. Part #20999167. and also, parts were on back order. The weather conditions in this area are rarely as extreme as the winter storm that just came through recently with 3 degree snow/ice and is now temp back up to 75 degree. So, i'll have to assume the replacement parts were a fix unless that weather condition was to present again to know for sure.

cavharley
02-16-11, 04:26 PM
You should be fine , Good luck still no noise in NY (20 degrees ) Must be nice there I'm Jealous !

cavharley
02-16-11, 04:38 PM
Just thought about it and I'm not sure which is worse ,weather or the border situation, Hmmm! might try the sunshine.

Smokin' SRX
02-19-11, 01:40 PM
I'm for sunshine too! As for the Border, I'm far off but, don't try to get into a 7-11 store any morning around here! It's DOWN (due to recession?) to about 50 guys hanging around for work! No, not legals........So we have weather and illegals too! But I digress too much, sorry.

Glad yours are fixed, Cav and Lauriel. Hope others get it done also. No probs here yet with 5,000 miles in cold temps....... :cloud9:

SS

embassy
03-07-11, 04:44 PM
Have my 2010 SRX in the shop for the rubbing noise when turning the wheel. Mine started about 3 weeks after having the power steering recall done, but service advisor says that it was not related. He just called me and said that there is a bulletin on this issue. I asked if it was struts, motor mounts, or .... He said that it was in the power steering unit, and that the part is back ordered. Is going to print out the bulletin and leave in my vehicle when I pick it up. Fortunately it was below freezing today when I took it in as he was able to hear the sound.

cavharley
03-09-11, 07:00 PM
If it's the same scraping sound when cold outside that we have been discussing for months then it is the upper strut mounts period ! Read the history with this issue ,and we have fixed it by replacing upper strut mounts. Don't let them tell you different or you'll be screwing with this forever. It is NOT the power steering unit. Good Luck

TheCaptain
03-10-11, 02:26 PM
Upper strut mounts and new front stabalizer bushings, and all my squeaking is gone!! :D

dselmeyer
03-11-11, 08:46 PM
SRX was in 1st time, dealer did nothing
SRX was in 2nd time, dealer still did nothing. They did say a new strut was being developed and would be out in a week, then a month....so who knows.
SRX was in a 3rd time to a different dealer, struts and upper mounts were replaced, still have the same issue. This car doesn't drive like a cadillac with the front suspension, it's a POS!

The gas tank noise is just plain annoying! Who would create a tank with no baffles and then it's going to be late August before they get a fix for this?

There is an attorney contacting GM on my behalf to start the lemon law procedure for Ohio.

cavharley
03-20-11, 11:38 PM
Sorry but wrong parts NOT replaced , UPPRE STRUT MOUNTS period. Everyone else is satisfied !

cavharley
03-20-11, 11:43 PM
P.S Must be somthing else other than our problem , RE: Roaring scrapping noise when cold ) temt Wise , below 40 degrees.

Al15905
04-01-11, 08:10 PM
Remember - SRX's are made in Mexico - just saying....

TheCaptain
04-02-11, 07:24 AM
Remember - SRX's are made in Mexico - just saying....

So now you're judging eh... real nice / mature buddy. :tisk:

Ponyman
04-02-11, 10:56 AM
Hey Cap, ignore him. Everything he posts is derogatory and just trying to stir up trouble. Probably some 15 year old kid on his mama's computer, wishing he owned this vehicle.

cavharley
04-06-11, 05:50 PM
Bet you wished u had one! What difference does it make where its made ? plenty of US made cars with issues also. It's made by Caddillac for Cadillac with all their specs .

John McMahon
04-19-11, 02:56 PM
Though these posts are old, I thought I'd try to help as I too have (or had) this problem. After numerous attempts with the dealer and GM customer service, it was determined the cause to be a faulty strut mount bearing assembly. At the time (December 2010) parts were unavailable. After several weeks they came in and were replaced (both sides though one was clearly worse than the other). The problem was solved.

parrot418
04-22-11, 05:31 PM
The strut mounts. Took a few weeks to get the parts but the rubbing sound is gone now.

Duende1
02-27-13, 07:15 PM
I was having the same issue described in this thread with my 2011 Cadillac SRX Premium with 12, 512 miles. I live in NE Minnesota where the temps routinely dip to 20 to 40 below zero. I had the awful noise of scrunching, scraping, etc. I read this thread and went to the GM dealer, nearest Cadillac dealer is 60 miles away, and told them of my woes mentioning the TSB No. 10-03-08-001 I found on this thread. The service manager looked up the TSB and simply said I will order the parts. One week later, yesterday, the dealership called and told me the parts were in. Today I had the repair done in one hour replacing both sides. The problem is solved...I now have a smooth quiet ride. Not sure what all these numbers mean but from the invoice the parts replaced where E2179 Stabilizer shaft insulator 14 W 22741853 W-insulator and 12800 R&R Bar bushings per DOC ID10 03 08 001B. My SRX no longer sounds like a lumber wagon.

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-28-13, 05:45 PM
I was having the same issue described in this thread with my 2011 Cadillac SRX Premium with 12, 512 miles. I live in NE Minnesota where the temps routinely dip to 20 to 40 below zero. I had the awful noise of scrunching, scraping, etc. I read this thread and went to the GM dealer, nearest Cadillac dealer is 60 miles away, and told them of my woes mentioning the TSB No. 10-03-08-001 I found on this thread. The service manager looked up the TSB and simply said I will order the parts. One week later, yesterday, the dealership called and told me the parts were in. Today I had the repair done in one hour replacing both sides. The problem is solved...I now have a smooth quiet ride. Not sure what all these numbers mean but from the invoice the parts replaced where E2179 Stabilizer shaft insulator 14 W 22741853 W-insulator and 12800 R&R Bar bushings per DOC ID10 03 08 001B. My SRX no longer sounds like a lumber wagon.

Thanks for posting your experience, Duende1! I'm pleased your dealer was able to resolve your concerns to your satisfaction, and please feel free to contact me if you would like me to officially document your dealer feedback. I'm reachable via email at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

mfdoc911
03-13-13, 03:42 PM
Got my SRX out of the shop yesterday, it was the 8th time since January of this year for this problem, hopefully it is finally fixed

davedogcaddy
03-19-13, 05:33 PM
Just to throw my name it the hat here, I brought my SRX in for similar noises (among other things) and just heard back from the dealership: Strut Mounts need replaced, national back order (they think their is a new version in the works), they will let me know when they get them. No ETA.

miamictsv
03-29-13, 10:34 AM
Also have the same noise on 3 months old 2013 SRX4. Will be going to the dealer soon for CUE update and this now and any other recalls it may have.