: What is this? Possibly what was to be the next Cadillac XLR?

Lord Cadillac
11-21-10, 05:11 PM
Any thoughts? What do you think of the design?

RippyPartsDept
11-21-10, 05:18 PM
the grille looks out of place... like they stuck an escalade grille on a maserati

if the grille could be changed up a bit (smaller maybe?) then i think it would look really nice

if you just cover up the grille with a finger or two it looks great

Lord Cadillac
11-21-10, 05:31 PM
Since I love big grilles, I like it as it is.. Let's see what others think...

RippyPartsDept
11-21-10, 05:39 PM
a big grill can be nice, but to me this one looks out of place...

maybe it's just the angle of this photo ...

also, this is just a design to get people thinking, right? they don't have any plans to produce an 2ndGen XLR, do they?

andrewschenk
11-21-10, 06:18 PM
Cadillac has hundreds of not only drawings but scale models at their design studio of varrying design ques. it's funny to see a design that cadillac threw away that some other manufacturer is using on a production vehicle.
dont think to far into things like this.... http://jalopnik.com/5692477/gms-cars-of-future-past

RippyPartsDept
11-21-10, 08:45 PM
it's funny to see a design that cadillac threw away that some other manufacturer is using on a production vehicle.
are you referring to something specifically?

C&C
11-22-10, 06:12 AM
Unless the picture is just skewed (by the angle of the shot), the proprortions just don't seem right; why just stick a generic Caddy front on a retro-styled sports GT car. It certainly doesn't evoke a modern design (to me).

Lord Cadillac
11-22-10, 10:25 AM
There are no plans for a second generation XLR - just like with the Allante...

a big grill can be nice, but to me this one looks out of place...

maybe it's just the angle of this photo ...

also, this is just a design to get people thinking, right? they don't have any plans to produce an 2ndGen XLR, do they?

RippyPartsDept
11-22-10, 10:28 AM
Yeah i guess i didn't read your subject title fully... the "what was" part got glossed over while i concentrated on the "next Cadillac XLR" part.... oh well

Lord Cadillac
11-22-10, 02:40 PM
I wish I wasn't putting "what was" in there. :p I think Cadillac will one day have another "XLR" or "Allante". Just not for awhile..

Yeah i guess i didn't read your subject title fully... the "what was" part got glossed over while i concentrated on the "next Cadillac XLR" part.... oh well

The Tony Show
11-22-10, 03:11 PM
Since there's no person or other car in the shot, t's impossible to get a sense of scale from that photo. I'd actually guess that was a design concept for a 2 door GT car, a la Bentley Continental GT.

brothleutner
11-23-10, 02:04 AM
Looks like someone photoshopped a Viper with the 16 and a CTS. The wheels look like they came off a viper, plus the long hood, short back. Put a lip spoiler on there and some fender vents...... I'm just saying. It looks for sure a photoshop job. The angle of the grille does not seem to match the angle of the car.

Lord Cadillac
11-23-10, 10:23 AM
Since there's no person or other car in the shot, t's impossible to get a sense of scale from that photo. I'd actually guess that was a design concept for a 2 door GT car, a la Bentley Continental GT.

That would be pretty cool. It's nice to know Cadillac is thinking in that area...

Looks like someone photoshopped a Viper with the 16 and a CTS. The wheels look like they came off a viper, plus the long hood, short back. Put a lip spoiler on there and some fender vents...... I'm just saying. It looks for sure a photoshop job. The angle of the grille does not seem to match the angle of the car.

The picture is from Cadillac itself if I'm not mistaken. It could be a Photoshop from them, however..

8th Day
11-23-10, 03:20 PM
Looks like a shortened Cadillac Sixteen concept.

Lord Cadillac
11-24-10, 12:28 PM
It does remind me a bit of the Sixteen...

Looks like a shortened Cadillac Sixteen concept.

tumblrCTS
12-20-10, 04:36 PM
uglyyyyyyyyy
looks like the saturn sky

V-Eight
12-20-10, 07:10 PM
^ Which means it looks good.....

cadillac kevin
12-21-10, 06:13 PM
looks like someone smashed a cadillac, bentley, and a daytona coupe together. yuck.