: dash lights beginning to burn out

Silver04
11-21-10, 10:44 AM
In the past month I had 2 steering wheel buttons burn out...no problem I can take care of that.

The "off" button on the climate control no longer illuminates...not sure how or if that can be done without replacing the unit (NOT)

To the left of the steering wheel, the wheel that adjusts the brightness of your dash lights, that is now burnt out. Not sure how to fix.

Ideas? thanks

caddimoriarty
04-03-11, 05:37 PM
Idk bout how to change the bulb for the off display. I'm still trying to figure out how to change the lights on the steering wheel buttons on a 98 sts. Can you help? thx in advance

the cadillac man
04-16-11, 12:58 AM
i think the ones in the steering wheel is unreplaceible unless you replace button as a whole not 100% sure on that it is on the escalade but not sure on the sts you might want to do a google or look on here to see anyone has done this i'd say someone has good luck

jnrsesv
04-16-11, 09:10 AM
I have replaced the steering wheel light bulbs only. Purchased the bulbs at radio shack (a couple of bucks for a 2 pack) and then just a bit of soldering. I have read the to replace the switches, they run about $75.00 ea.

Da32212
04-16-11, 03:37 PM
there is a tread on here how to replace the all the dash lights plus steering wheel