: Traction Control

pjbizjak
11-20-10, 09:07 PM
About 3 months ago my Traction Control triggered for no reason and the engine shut down(not totally) and when I stopped and put the car in park and shut the engine down the DIC said 'Put car in Park'. Well this has happened 3 times before and the first two times the dealer adjusted the linkage, the third time they had to replace something not sure what it was. Any way getting back to the Traction Control problem the tech at Cadillac did something with the transmission to correct the problem and ever since then the car makes groaning noises when it's in OD when the car gets to a slight upgrade on the road and just before it kicks out of OD. I don't get the noise when coasting or under acceleration. I took it back to the dealer and they said the infamous "could not duplicate the problem' excuse. Anybody else have a similar problem?

EChas3
11-21-10, 10:27 PM
Could the 'groaning' be something that was there all along but never noticed until your shifter linkage issue?

There have been a number of Transmission Control Module upgrades designed to combat owners' complaints of a moan, drone or 'chuggle'. Some of these were exhaust noise that was improved by counter-weights on the pipes.

pjbizjak
11-23-10, 10:18 AM
No, My wife and I noticed it just after the repair.

EChas3
11-23-10, 10:03 PM
Take it back... with donuts!

Platinum06
11-26-10, 07:35 PM
I had a bad wheel sensor trigger the TC warning over bumps and such.

jedhead
11-27-10, 12:51 AM
I found that I can engaged the traction control when I accelerate moderately to hard on a bumpy road.

Bob

EChas3
11-27-10, 11:06 AM
At best the STS TC is sensitive. When you add the power you've got, it is that much more so. Various members have reported issues with TC sensors but keeping the rubber on the road over bumps is a challenge for the best suspensions.