: Did any '07's come with the 5.3?

xNomadx
11-20-10, 05:57 PM
Hi all! Hopefully i'll be participating soon as I'm looking at a few used '07's.

One has really caught my attention. The sticker in the engine compartment lists the truck as a 5.3. The transmission is clearly a 6 speed and when I ran the carfax it came up as a 6.2.

Thoughts? There was some front end damage and they had to replace the radiator. Is it possible that the shop also had to replace the air cleaner and stuck an old sticker on it? It does have a volant exhaust system. I guess its possible that the owner had an aftermaket cold air intake and recently traded with someone who had a 5.3??

Thanks!

Tony

bstiffmanofsteel
11-20-10, 08:11 PM
If I remember correctly the 2005 was the last one they made with a 5.3 engine...

PreachRR
11-20-10, 08:12 PM
your theory could be the answer, But I heard some reported that there was a 2wd version with a 5.3 I am just not sure if that was only the 01-06s

chris12
11-20-10, 09:40 PM
If it is a 07 it's a 6.2.

07maralade
11-21-10, 10:45 PM
If its got a 5.3 and its a 07 or newer, its a fake escalade.

5.3s only came in the yukons, avalanches and tahoes.

xNomadx
11-22-10, 10:19 PM
Thanks for the replies. The owner went to the body shop today to try and figure out what happened and I could here him telling her that it was a factory sticker. She put him on the phone with me and I explained that while that may be a factory sticker, it wasn't for this truck.

The real kicker here is that he started going through the repair Bill of Materials with me on the phone and as he gets down the list of:

Radiator support :suspense:
Motor Mounts

I said....Whoa motor mounts :shocked:? Exactly how bad was this wreck? He said it spent 1.5 hours on the frame machine and the tally was ~$19,000. Completely new front end. Probably explains the unacceptable amount of slack (2-3") in the steering wheel.

I subsequently backed out of the deal...

Still looking!