: Funny Article

GeneLaw1
11-20-10, 10:29 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101119/pl_afp/natosummitobamatransportenvironmentoffbeat

Not about an old school, but shows how Obama pulls up in his Cadillac no matter the event, lol....LOVIN IT!

deVille33
11-23-10, 11:03 AM
I don't know the equivalant weight of a tonne, but I doubt it is an 8 ton vehicle. Modern armour plate methods are a lot less weighty than they once were. I live in the heart of modern armour vehicle tech and that car was most likely done right here. It probably weighs in the neighborhood of 10G at GVW and warrants the diesel.

Stingroo
11-23-10, 11:06 AM
A ton in the American sense is 2,000 pounds. In the European sense, I believe, it's 2,250 pounds.

Bro-Ham
11-23-10, 11:43 AM
I think obama needs to drive the funny little electric cars he intends to foist upon the rest of us, but that won't happen because he views himself as an elite, and, therefore, exempt from all the rules and regulations that we little people would be mandated to live with had his regime not been halted by the results of the last election. I can't wait for 2012. :)

Stingroo
11-23-10, 11:53 AM
I think obama needs to drive the funny little electric cars he intends to foist upon the rest of us, but that won't happen because he views himself as an elite, and, therefore, exempt from all the rules and regulations that we little people would be mandated to live with had his regime not been halted by the results of the last election. I can't wait for 2012. :)

True that. Hooray, I get to vote!

GeneLaw1
11-23-10, 12:48 PM
Well, as a sidenote, Obama really doesn't decide how he rides, all the presidents roll in the motorcade with the armored "beasts"...and according to the Secret Service, how the president rolls wont be changing any time soon, lol

sven914
11-23-10, 03:32 PM
I don't know the equivalant weight of a tonne, but I doubt it is an 8 ton vehicle. Modern armour plate methods are a lot less weighty than they once were. I live in the heart of modern armour vehicle tech and that car was most likely done right here. It probably weighs in the neighborhood of 10G at GVW and warrants the diesel.

1 tonne = 1000 kilograms = 2200lbs

8 tonnes = 17600 lbs = 8.8 tons

I would agree 9 tones does seem a little much with today's technology.

GeneLaw1
11-23-10, 05:05 PM
Well for any ole Caddy limo perhaps a little much, but this is the presidents limousine here...I am not surprised at all. That thing is probably armored more than fort Knox. I mean they actually fly to where he goes, lol...

Bro-Ham
11-23-10, 06:51 PM
I say it's not for government to be telling the people what kinds of cars to drive, and if obama thinks the little people should be driving these cars he should be leading by example.

sven914
11-23-10, 08:24 PM
It's hard to bullet proof a smart car...