: Good bye srx

johnl327
11-20-10, 12:32 AM
I bought a 2010 srx and picked it up in feb.2010 I couldn't wait to get it but after a month I had nothing but trouble with it it was at the dealers about 2months all together for different problems,tomorrow I am picking my new ford edge sport which rides a lot better than the srx and a lot more room in the back.

Smokin' SRX
11-20-10, 10:29 AM
I bought a 2010 srx and picked it up in feb.2010 I couldn't wait to get it but after a month I had nothing but trouble with it it was at the dealers about 2months all together for different problems,tomorrow I am picking my new ford edge sport which rides a lot better than the srx and a lot more room in the back.

Sorry to hear you had a lemon. All brands have 'em for sure. The Edge is pretty (especially the 2011 minor re-do) Wish you had taken a 2011 instead though.

I dated a girl once and it was worse than a root canal. Then dated her sister! WOW! Different creature all together, and from same manufacturers! It happens.

Thx for buying an American, profit and research product. I always do.

All the best!

SS

sube5186
11-20-10, 11:28 AM
I dated a girl once and it was worse than a root canal. Then dated her sister! WOW! Different creature all together, and from same manufacturers!

:bouncy:

That's funny. Great analogy. How true.

John, there are some known glitches with the new Edge too. My wife just bought one a few weeks ago, so I have personal knowledge of this. Great car, but none of these "computers on wheels" are perfect, just like all computers.

Sube

Ponyman
11-20-10, 12:38 PM
I had a new Edge rental in Conneticut. Less than 200 miles on it when I got it. Kept it for a week and put almost 2000 miles on it. Nice car decent gas mileage, but it's no SRX.

GeeVee
11-20-10, 01:19 PM
:bouncy:

That's funny. Great analogy. How true.

John, there are some known glitches with the new Edge too. My wife just bought one a few weeks ago, so I have personal knowledge of this. Great car, but none of these "computers on wheels" are perfect, just like all computers.

Sube

Sube, I thought it was psychologically impossible for a Caddy owner and a Ford owner to co-exist under the same roof :)

sube5186
11-20-10, 06:11 PM
Sube, I thought it was psychologically impossible for a Caddy owner and a Ford owner to co-exist under the same roof :)

LOL! Yelp, we get along just fine. Personally, it's never been about the prestige of having a certain "badge" on the front of my car. I love my SRX and would have bought it if it was a Hyundai. :bouncy:

The Edge has some nice features I wish we had in the SRX, like radar controlled cruise control and blind spot detection. But there are also some features missing that I wouldn't want to be without. I never understood why one car company can't just combine all of the best features of every car and put them all into one model. I guess I'm dreaming on that one. :cool:

Sube

GeeVee
11-20-10, 08:37 PM
Happy to hear everything is good in the Sube household! I also want to add how I fully agree with you that car companies should learn/copy from each other. The consumer would be much better off

GMJim
11-20-10, 08:50 PM
Sorry it didn't work out John. Life is too short to be unhappy. Best of luck.

RightTurn
11-21-10, 11:26 PM

Hope the Edge is a winner for you, John. Good luck, and thanks for buying American. :patriot:

algiorda
11-22-10, 07:17 AM
"I am picking my new ford edge sport which rides a lot better than the srx and a lot more room in the back."

:hmm:

Other car is a ?
11-26-10, 10:58 PM
I drove the Lincoln (Edge) before I purchased my SRX. I preferred the harder ride of the SRX over the Edge (made in Canada) and the Edge looks like a jelly bean with wheels. Just my .02 worth.
I really enjoy my SRX & my wife loves it.