: XM suddenly back...

stealth97
11-19-10, 06:43 PM
My XM subscription expired a couple of months ago and I did not renew. All of a sudden today I had it back (the basic). Anyone get this? Is this some sort of offer or trial (again) offer? Thanks!

sube5186
11-19-10, 07:02 PM
My XM subscription expired a couple of months ago and I did not renew. All of a sudden today I had it back (the basic). Anyone get this? Is this some sort of offer or trial (again) offer? Thanks!

Did you ever give them a credit card no? Thank about it. You may have when you first activated XM at the dealer's. If so, you might be paying for it and not know. Go to the XM website and register. Then, check your account to see if they have your CC no. stored.

From some of the nightmare stories I've heard, you can't even get XM to stop billing you when you discontinue service. I'd be amazed if they're giving you ANYTHING for free.

https://www.xmradio.com/

Sube

stealth97
11-19-10, 07:43 PM
Thanks Sube. I'm pretty sure I did not give any credit card no. at the dealer when purchasing the car. I'm actually very sure. I checked my bank account and there are no charges. I tried to register, but through the register process, they are asking for payment info. so I didn't go through with it. It was as if I was trying to activate my radio. I couldn't find anything else.

Ponyman
11-19-10, 08:42 PM
I got an e-mail, that to celebrate GM's re emergence, they were going to turn everyone's radio on for I think two weeks. Anyone who has an XM radio should be able to pick up a special 60 channel lineup for this time period. There was also something on there about being able to get SM online for this time period also.

Ponyman
11-19-10, 08:58 PM
I also remember they were advertising the $77 plus royalty fee rate for everyone.

stealth97
11-19-10, 08:58 PM
Thanks. That's probably it.

markeetaux
11-21-10, 12:16 PM
I just called, and they honored the promotion. Actually it came to $88 after fees. That's $7.33 per month.

Ponyman
11-21-10, 06:31 PM
That's what I paid lst year. You can actually get that price almost anytime. Sometimes you have to threaten to cancel, but they will most always give it to you. I will se in December when i have two cars coming due for renewal.