: Dashboard Paint

Ghost Deany
11-19-10, 04:32 PM
Okay we all know about the paint issues on the dash peeling and what not. Is there any kind of paint of there to take care of this? As you can see in the black specs, which is where the peeling is occuring on my dash.http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l446/MNOGhost/DASH.jpg?t=1290202283

lostcontrol05
11-19-10, 08:45 PM
You can get die from SEM in rattle can works good same steps as the freashin up your seats (sticky) at the top of the page

Ghost Deany
11-20-10, 01:53 PM
Do you know what color that is? its called a dye? its not the same stuff for the seats, cause if i remember someone tried to use that stuff on a plastic panel and it ate through the panels paint or something. These little black marks in the picture are only visible when the wood-grain surround around the speedometer and radio etc. is pulled off. but i have 1 or 2 little black visible spots where the paint is off on the top of my dash, and its driving me nuts.

Ghost Deany
11-20-10, 01:55 PM
Just found this. No idea what the exact color of the shale interior Escalade dash board is considered though. Can anyone chime in if they know? Thanks

http://www.levineautoparts.com/semvinandpla.html?gclid=CMHJ9dmIsKUCFUbf4AodW3txWw

lostcontrol05
11-20-10, 07:06 PM
when i had my interior redyed they used the same stuff on everything i havent had any issues

Ghost Deany
11-20-10, 08:42 PM
I see all the dyes they have, but theres tons of different colors. Trying to figure out which one is the color of the Escalades dash on the shale interior.

mosimann
11-22-10, 01:08 AM
Listening. Also have the same problem.

luxurylife33
11-22-10, 05:30 PM
You can get die from SEM in rattle can works good same steps as the freashin up your seats (sticky) at the top of the page

I am the creator of that thread and would not suggest using that paint over the waterbase paint GM used on the dashboard. It will have a wicked reaction!

The paint color on the dash is "med. dk. pewter"... i suggest using water based paint to fix any peeling dash issues. If I were you, I'd leave this one to the professionals.

luxurylife33
11-22-10, 05:36 PM
Its color code "7179". I suggest PPG enviorbase basecoat with a water based matte clearcoat.

Ghost Deany
11-22-10, 05:59 PM
the area i have to touch up on mine is so small that im happy with just putting something on the spots that is close enough to the color, theres like 2 or 3 black spots where the dash paint chipped/peeled whatever you like to call it, but all the spots are about the size of a maybe 2 grains of salt. http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l446/MNOGhost/DASH222.jpg that bugs me, but ive pointed it out to people and they either wouldnt notice it themselves or wouldnt even care about something that small, im just real meticulous about my vehicle.

lostcontrol05
11-23-10, 07:54 PM
I am the creator of that thread and would not suggest using that paint over the waterbase paint GM used on the dashboard. It will have a wicked reaction!

The paint color on the dash is "med. dk. pewter"... i suggest using water based paint to fix any peeling dash issues. If I were you, I'd leave this one to the professionals.
SEM also makes dye made for the plastic interior parts i was not saying to use the leather SEM dye

Ghost Deany
11-23-10, 11:05 PM
I think I'm going to just grab a can of that med dark pewter dash paint and just touch up those areas. Luxurylife thank you for that paint code name.

luxurylife33
11-26-10, 10:11 PM
SEM also makes dye made for the plastic interior parts i was not saying to use the leather SEM dye

yes they do, but they do not have the color you will need :annoyed:

luxurylife33
11-26-10, 10:14 PM

I think I'm going to just grab a can of that med dark pewter dash paint and just touch up those areas. Luxurylife thank you for that paint code name.

I would make 100% sure its a waterbase paint because any solvent-based paint will start lifting the factory paint more. Put as very LITTLE as you need. If you screw up, it will wipe clean with soapy water before it dries.

lostcontrol05
11-26-10, 11:23 PM
http://www.levineautoparts.com/diforuse.htmlheres the link to SEM Medium Dark Pewter Classic Coat which is for MOST leather and vinyl there is also a direction link on the page not 100% if this will work on the dash dut if you can find a dealer in your area they can shoot you in the right direction or get you what you need or go to your nearest touch up shop they can prob tuch your dash up its not too expensive

mosimann
12-19-10, 05:22 AM
So it seems that there's no final word for the peeling off... Any news?

Ghost Deany
12-19-10, 11:25 AM
I bought the dark pewter sem color coat for dashboards and vinyl, it didnt match 100% perfect, but in my case, the spots i had to touch up were few and the size of a grain of salt almost, so its good enough for me. But if you had a large area of peeling, you would notice the color difference