: Aftermarket headlights

tomikem
11-17-10, 04:37 PM
What are the best aftermarket headlights? (LED/Halo/HID)

d3adpool
11-18-10, 01:58 PM
i don't think there's a "best" headlight for these trucks, its all about preference. They each have their pros and cons. Pick the set you think would look the best for your truck. I prefer HID but thats just me, and the next member may say Halo/projector headlights.

gmercedesbenz
11-18-10, 06:45 PM
i don't think there's a "best" headlight for these trucks, its all about preference. They each have their pros and cons. Pick the set you think would look the best for your truck. I prefer HID but thats just me, and the next member may say Halo/projector headlights.

:werd:
Agreed, it really is a preference thing. But I also prefer HID as well. They are dead simple to install, requiring no extra wiring except for a battery relay. They also no not require new housings, although most people will tell you to aim them correctly so your not blinding everyone in on-coming traffic. (Not everyone is nice though) :whistle:

HID's can also be easily put into your fog light housings as well. I'm not sure if it can be done with Halo/Projectors/LED's but it does add a nice touch.

HID's are relatively inexpensive, I get my kit's with slim ballasts and two bulbs and it only costs me $51 shipped. I've been told by some that you get what you pay for, but I haven't had one complaint. But there are some very nice kits out there, where you can easily spend hundreds of bucks.

On my truck I run 10000k 35 watt HID in the low beam, and 8000k 35 watt in the fog light, both off a battery relay. The only thing I plan on doing in the near future is upgrading to 55 watt ballasts and bulbs. It makes a HUGE difference, but is a little more pricey...just waiting for Christmas :halo: