: Fully Drop Rear Windows

DopeStar 156
09-19-04, 11:07 PM
Is there a way to edit the rear windows on my Fleetwood so they go all the way down? If so how would I go about doing it?

DopeStar 156
09-20-04, 08:48 PM
No one? No ideas on this one? Hmm....

ShadowLvr400
09-20-04, 09:14 PM
Unfurtunately, I dont think it can be done. There's a number of things to look at though. 1, how tall are you windows vs how all is the door itself? 2 You also have to see how the windows are driven inside there. If it's a certain type of motor, it may be easy to do, but it also may not.
Most sedans I know don't lower the rear windows all the way. I'm not sure why though.

Night Wolf
09-20-04, 09:16 PM
it is a child safty thing... the American car brands did this... prvents kids from jumping out of the window while drivng... it is a pain... aparently the Germans don't care about their kids as much, becuase my friends back windows on his Jetta go all the way down....

... I think there may be some sort of a stop or something... It is probably more trouble them worth witht he tracks and all...

barge master
09-20-04, 09:24 PM
I don't recall noticing if there's enough room in the doors to do that. The window is moved up and down by a plastic tape strip that has little holes in it. There is a cog on the motor that runs the tape. The downward movement of the window is halted when the tape runs out. I got the door panels off on my parts car, I'll take a look at it tomorrow for you. I'm sure if nothing else that you would need a longer tape. Whether the tracks are long enough or not, I won't know till I look.

DopeStar 156
09-20-04, 11:48 PM
Thanks barge. Our rental 2004 Deville in Vegas did it and I'm noticing most new cars do this too. In my case, children aren't allowed in my Caddy and if any find their way in there, let them climb out the window. I really don't like how the back windows only go down half way. Yeah half, not even three quarters, half.

barge master
09-23-04, 08:27 PM
Sorry I've been slow getting back to you Dope, I've been busy as a one-legged man in an ass kicking contest. I took a look in the rear door of my parts car. The regulator has been removed, so I lowered the window by hand and it is not physically possible to put the window down any more than an extra two inches or so past halfway. You could probably use a longer tape and take advantatage of it, but the difference would be minimal for the effort it took. I think the windows go down all the way in Geos if you were really fed up with it......

DopeStar 156
09-23-04, 10:53 PM
HAHA! Ass kickin' contest..... Yeah screw that then, thanks. I'll have to find a better way to expell kids from my backseat.

Hoop
09-24-04, 12:52 AM
my '99 Galants back windows went all the way down...:)