: My zMax results

M.A.C
11-17-10, 12:56 AM
I purchased zMax Engine Formula at Walmart for $20. Itís been over 500 miles so far and Iím seeing over 2-mpg increase in gas mileage from 17.5 to 19.4-19.7, so far. Last Friday when I dropped off my STS at a Cadillac dealership to have both catalytic converters replaced the technicians happened to reset the average miles per gallon calculator. This time, instead of working down, the calculator reported mileage working upwards from 6-mpg to where it is now at 19.6 mpg. It also briefly hit 19.7 mpg and I expect it to hit that mark again tomorrow and would not be too surprised to see it reach 20 mpg. I have not changed my driving habits in order to try to maximize mileage. Actually, I have tried to maximize mileage prior to using zMax and the most I could get out of my STS-V8 is about 17.6 to 18.0 mpg. From what I can see, I tend to believe by the 1000-mile mark I will see an increase in gas mileage anywhere from 1.8 to 2.3 mpg. From what I understand, zMaxís benefits should be fully realized by 1000 miles.

I suspect there will be doubters who will believe Iím doing something different or that replacing the catalytic converters is the reason for the increase in gas mileage. The problem with such argument is that my STS was driven almost 300 miles with zMax prior to the catalytic converters being replaced and I still saw about a 2-mpg increase in gas mileage during that time. So with or without the new catalytic converters, it looks like zMax has increased gas mileage. Also, note that I did not buy the transmission formula or gas formula.

I will report further when I reach the 1000-mile mark.

EChas3
11-17-10, 10:31 PM
Anecdotal evidence is always suspect but enjoy the ride! Unless you have AWD, you should be averaging better than 20. 25 or better on the highway is reasonable (if you can hold it to 2,000 RPM.)

M.A.C
11-17-10, 11:18 PM
Anecdotal evidence is always suspect but enjoy the ride! Unless you have AWD, you should be averaging better than 20. 25 or better on the highway is reasonable (if you can hold it to 2,000 RPM.)
I find nothing suspect about 2 mpg increase in gas mileage. I have never seen 19.6 mpg until I tried zMax. And I'm not driving on highways at all times either. It's mixed driving with mostly non-highway and with a lot of traffic. A 2 mpg increase will recoup the cost of buying zMax in 1 month or less.

BaTu
11-18-10, 10:43 AM
Yea, but, of course it is anecdotal evidence when you're suddenly Very Aware of what your gas mileage is, and going to, be. You're only human,,,, chances are in many subtle ways, you're actually driving differently and effecting your mileage (after all, 90% of any individuals differing mileage results are Totally controlled by your right foot ;) )

Here's what you should do :D

Reset your wife's cars mileage indicator. Let her drive 500mi with her Current conditions and usage, record and reset again. Then, add any additive you want to test. But, Most Importantly, Never tell her anything about Any of it :canttalk:

And actually, to be scientific, you'd really have to do this with a couple hundred people who weren't aware you were....

I've found people Often get the results their hoping for. It explains a whole lot! (I'm tellin' ya, put a "rare earth" magnet on your fuel line and start watching your mileage closely..... :suspense:

M.A.C
11-18-10, 10:55 AM
Yea, but, of course it is anecdotal evidence when you're suddenly Very Aware of what your gas mileage is, and going to, be. You're only human,,,, chances are in many subtle ways, you're actually driving differently and effecting your mileage (after all, 90% of any individuals differing mileage results are Totally controlled by your right foot ;) )

Here's what you should do :D

Reset your wife's cars mileage indicator. Let her drive 500mi with her Current conditions and usage, record and reset again. Then, add any additive you want to test. But, Most Importantly, Never tell her anything about Any of it :canttalk:

And actually, to be scientific, you'd really have to do this with a couple hundred people who weren't aware you were....

I've found people Often get the results their hoping for. It explains a whole lot! (I'm tellin' ya, put a "rare earth" magnet on your fuel line and start watching your mileage closely..... :suspense:

As I explained above, on various occasions I have tried to maximize mileage, including by coasting in neutral whenever possible, no jackrabbit starts, etc. and have never been able to get 19.7 mpg, which is what I'm getting now. And as I said above, I saw a 2 mpg increase prior to the catalytic converters being replaced. This did not happen until I tried zMax.

Anything else?!

dkozloski
11-18-10, 12:23 PM
I put ZMax in my snowblower and now I can't get the damn thing shut off. It's like someone invented perpetual motion now that all internal friction has been eliminated.

The first lier doesn't have a chance. LOL

M.A.C
11-18-10, 12:52 PM
I put ZMax in my snowblower and now I can't get the damn thing shut off. It's like someone invented perpetual motion now that all internal friction has been eliminated.

The first lier doesn't have a chance. LOL
Do you know how to make French bread?

dkozloski
11-18-10, 01:17 PM
Do you know how to make French bread?

I tried the bread machine but I put ZMax in it and it won't stop either.

KRSTS
11-18-10, 01:20 PM
There are three things men generally exaggerate, one is the size of their member, two is their golf score, and guess what the third is?

M.A.C
11-18-10, 03:10 PM
I tried the bread machine but I put ZMax in it and it won't stop either.
LOL! Good one!!

M.A.C
11-18-10, 03:12 PM
There are three things men generally exaggerate, one is the size of their member, two is their golf score, and guess what the third is?
These men are not exaggerating--they use zMax.

dkozloski
11-18-10, 03:38 PM
I have a real problem with anecdotal accounts of the performance of anything. This sounds to me like a job for Mythbusters.

M.A.C
11-18-10, 03:50 PM
I have a real problem with anecdotal accounts of the performance of anything. This sounds to me like a job for Mythbusters.

Then send in the suggestion. Just ask them to test various oil additives to see if they perform as claimed.

In the meantime, I will enjoy the extra 2 mpg.

Lifer
11-19-10, 11:48 AM
These men are not exaggerating--they use zMax.

Is it better to drink it straight, or just bathe in it to get these results?

M.A.C
11-19-10, 12:44 PM
Is it better to drink it straight, or just bathe in it to get these results?

I wouldn't drink zMax since after dkozloski put it in his snow blower and bread maker he said both would not shut off. So if you drink it, you may never shut up. It's not for human consumption. Rather, just put a little dab on the parts that need performance enhancement.

dkozloski
11-19-10, 04:00 PM
Just like Brylcream; "A little dab'll do ya!".

M.A.C
11-20-10, 01:26 AM
Just like Brylcream; "A little dab'll do ya!".

19.6 mpg :thumbsup:

That's 2 mpg increase.

:fwll:

Stingroo
11-20-10, 02:21 AM
Wouldn't that make it Pmax?

[/terrible pun]

How the hell did I end up in this section? :lol:

torogt
11-20-10, 10:15 AM
My 2006 AWD V8 gets an average of 20 mpg with no additives

M.A.C
11-20-10, 11:13 AM
My 2006 AWD V8 gets an average of 20 mpg with no additives

Use zMax and maybe mileage will increase to 22 mpg.

BaTu
11-20-10, 11:27 AM
Use zMax and maybe mileage will increase to 22 mpg.

hehehe P.T. Barnum would've loved you! :halo:

Theirs nothing like a good placebo to make ya feel better all day........

M.A.C
11-20-10, 11:30 AM
hehehe P.T. Barnum would've loved you! :halo:

Theirs nothing like a good placebo to make ya feel better all day........

Grow Up!

BaTu
11-20-10, 11:36 AM
Wow Dude, you gotta chill.....

Why are you just SO invested in this? Relax,,,, take a pill!

dkozloski
11-20-10, 11:55 AM
Wow Dude, you gotta chill.....

Why are you just SO invested in this? Relax,,,, take a pill!

Nobody likes to admit that they've been gulled. I gave up on the miracle stuff back when I found out that if you "put a tiger in your tank", all you get is hair in your carburetor.

M.A.C
11-20-10, 01:34 PM
Nobody likes to admit that they've been gulled. I gave up on the miracle stuff back when I found out that if you "put a tiger in your tank", all you get is hair in your carburetor.

Yup! You're right! :bigroll:

After all, I've been 'gulled' into getting 2-mpg better gas mileage.

And I also like how you attack like a 'tiger' ;) based on past experiences with other non-relevant products. :cookoo:

dkozloski
11-20-10, 03:49 PM
Looking at this from the other direction; if there really was all this friction in the engine that ZMax reduced to get the excess milage, it would have been sufficient to burn out bearings or seize pistons long ago.

dkozloski
11-20-10, 04:23 PM
I'll bet somebody was trying to sell special goose grease for chariot wheels to Ben Hur. This type of stuff has come and gone since mechanical stuff was first invented. Some of it finds a loyal following and soldiers on like Riselone and STP. Others just fade away into history. If any one of these products actually did what they claim it'd be the only one on the market.

EChas3
11-20-10, 07:08 PM
A friend of mine was a petrochemical engineer for Exxon years ago. He told us they did have an additive that often improved performance for a short period. According to him, changing to their gas really could did put a tiger in your tank; that first tank. After that, Their gas performed the same as any other.

Sounds bogus to me but he had an advanced degreee from Georgia Tech - one of the better Petro U's.

pjbizjak
11-20-10, 09:48 PM
To the STS-4 who got 20 mpg, was that all downhill driving and then you had it towed back up the hill??? LOL