: got my 2010 keyfob today for my 07 Escalade.. and it works perfectly.. AMAZING..

Inknu2
11-16-10, 09:41 PM
bought the key fob off ebay for 39 bucks... it the number "1' key...
took 15 seconds to activate it to my car and it works perfectly...UNBELIEVABLE!
so much for the dealer saying you cant use a new key on the older models..

alpinewhite325i
11-16-10, 10:45 PM
Interesting. How do you activate it?

bstiffmanofsteel
11-17-10, 02:13 AM
I did a pair for my EXT, look better. Easy to program!

Inknu2
11-17-10, 09:48 AM
Interesting. How do you activate it?

Takes 2 seconds, you go to Re-prgram key on your dash on your car info the thing with the check mark nxt to it...

then hold down the open and closed button for 15 seconds till it beeps 2x..... DONE!!

its a really that EZ!!

Noob
11-17-10, 11:23 AM
I wonder how hard it is to program the actual key? I wouldnt mind picking up a third key to keep with someone on days i lose my keys.

Big Windy Ext
11-17-10, 12:06 PM
The key needs to be programmed at the dealer , key is about $ 50-$80 . The key has a little + sign that signifies that it's a "special" key . Kinda good thing a valet can't have a key made and stop at your house , help himself to a Escalade real easy . I AM NOT PICKING ON VALETS , just using them as an example :) Any pics of this FOB , is it the same as 08 ??

krieghoff
11-17-10, 04:40 PM
Is this the one with the little window? Where did you find it on Ebay?

SouthernCaddy
11-17-10, 05:12 PM
for 39 bucks it is probally the 08 model and not the 10 model with the LCD screen. Those you have to have the dealer to program them.

Noob
11-17-10, 06:22 PM
The key needs to be programmed at the dealer , key is about $ 50-$80 . The key has a little + sign that signifies that it's a "special" key . Kinda good thing a valet can't have a key made and stop at your house , help himself to a Escalade real easy . I AM NOT PICKING ON VALETS , just using them as an example :) Any pics of this FOB , is it the same as 08 ??

I just bought a cadillac key off ebay for 20 bucks. The key seems easy enough to program, just put in your normal key, turn on/off, then with in 15 seconds put in the new key. I read off the tahoe/yukon forum that they were able to do this, so for 20 bucks it's worth a try. I'd probably leave the extra key at my parent's house and forget about it. I've left my keys at friends' houses before, only to fly back into town, and go to my car at the airport parking garage to find out I don't have my keys on me. At least my parent's live closer to the airport than I do.

Big Windy Ext
11-17-10, 07:19 PM
Did you know your number , part guy told me mine was a #8 .I forget if he did it from my vin or used a device to measure whatever from my key . If you can get them for $20.00 they gypped me :annoyed: Wheres Rippey this is his game !

Noob
11-17-10, 09:41 PM
Well i just ordered the key today, ill get it cut when it comes in and update the thread. If it works then great, if not, im only out 20 bucks.

cadmanchris
11-17-10, 10:20 PM
To program fobs, scroll through info until "press Checkmark to relearn remote key". Have all remotes with you. After you press the checkmark button, you will hear a beep. Hold lock and unlock on the fob until you hear a double beep. Repeat for the other fobs until all fobs are learned. Then shut key off and test fob(s) operation. HTH

To program keys, have a good programmed key and the new key. Start truck with known key, then turn truck off and start truck with new key within 5 seconds. New key will be programmed.

Noob
11-17-10, 11:45 PM
Thanks cadmanchris for the info.

For the key fobs, do you press the lock/unlock on each one after another, or do you have to go through the menu for each?

RippyPartsDept
11-18-10, 01:01 AM
Did you know your number , part guy told me mine was a #8 .I forget if he did it from my vin or used a device to measure whatever from my key . If you can get them for $20.00 they gypped me :annoyed: Wheres Rippey this is his game !

ok let's see if i can explain this

I just bought a cadillac key off ebay for 20 bucks. The key seems easy enough to program, just put in your normal key, turn on/off, then with in 15 seconds put in the new key. I read off the tahoe/yukon forum that they were able to do this, so for 20 bucks it's worth a try. I'd probably leave the extra key at my parent's house and forget about it. I've left my keys at friends' houses before, only to fly back into town, and go to my car at the airport parking garage to find out I don't have my keys on me. At least my parent's live closer to the airport than I do.

basically correct, but let me explain in a bit more detail below

To program keys, have a good programmed key and the new key. Start truck with known key, then turn truck off and start truck with new key within 5 seconds. New key will be programmed.

also basically correct

so for keys (PK3 or PK3+, which now are just a plus sign in a circle) you can do them super easy if you have a key already programmed, if not then you have to do the longer but still simple programming procedure

first put a known key in and turn to run (don't crank... but i guess you could crank it's just simpler to not start the car)
then wait the few seconds for the security light to go off
now put in the new key and do the same thing (wait for sec. light to go off)
now pull the new key out and put it back in and start the vehicle

simple

the longer '30 minute' programming is basically doing the same thing with your new key (but since you didn't use a known key right before as above) the security light takes about 10 minutes to go out
when the sec. light does go out you take the key out and put it back in and turn to run again and wait another 10 minutes for the light to go out again
3 times the 10 minute wait and then the fourth time you can crank the car

i know the PK3 keys can do this 30 minute procedure and i'm pretty sure that the PK3+ keys can too

as for the key fobs there's too many different systems that those things run that there's not really a standard like with the key
so i always rely on looking up the procedures for them - there's some good websites (here and other sites like this, plus the clearinghouse sites strictly for key fob programming) where you can get that info if you don't have access to GM's online materials like I do

HTH,
Chris

Inknu2
11-18-10, 01:55 AM
My key fob was 08-08 square one.. it was brand new in sealed pouch with gm part number on it....
i have no clue whats different about the 2010 , so my appoligies about the wrong year.. however.. I like this new key fob a whole lot more..
what does a new key do?

Inknu2
11-18-10, 01:55 AM
you hold the lock and unlock down at the same time till it beeps twice.

Noob
11-20-10, 06:53 PM
Just got my key in today, pretty quick (3 days from when I "bought it now" off ebay). It was 20 bucks, i took it to my local hardware store, and they cut it for 2 bucks. So for 22 bucks, I have a WORKING key to my car. I programmed it in ~15 seconds in the parking lot of the hardware store, and drove home with the new "ebay" key. I'm pretty happy, b/c the keys for my infiniti costs around 300 bucks at the dealer, and my acura required the dealer to program it which is like 40 bucks to program, ontop of the price of the key/cut. Plus i got a keyfob for 41 bucks, so I'll have an extra set of keys to my car for ~65 bucks....