: My Cadillac cost $0.23/mile.

lev
09-19-04, 09:33 PM
I had my 1994 Fleetwood Brougham the entire 2001, 2002, 2003 and a half of 2004. Over that period of time I spent $10.000 on maintenance. That amount doesn't include the monthly payments I paid to my credit union.

That car let me down only twice during the entire lenght of ownership, but it was very costly to operate. If you look at my profile for my posts, you will see why I got rid of it.

I want to know if anyone else calculated here the repair and maintenance costs of their Cadillacs? How much per mile?

majax
09-20-04, 03:48 AM
Dude I'm so sorry you had to pay out so much money to it. :(

I couldnt say how much every mile costs, maybe ill calculate it later.

Ralph
09-20-04, 04:46 PM
I had my 1994 Fleetwood Brougham the entire 2001, 2002, 2003 and a half of 2004. Over that period of time I spent $10.000 on maintenance. That amount doesn't include the monthly payments I paid to my credit union.

That car let me down only twice during the entire lenght of ownership, but it was very costly to operate. If you look at my profile for my posts, you will see why I got rid of it.

I want to know if anyone else calculated here the repair and maintenance costs of their Cadillacs? How much per mile?

I checked back in your postings and cannot find that needle in the haystack. Why don't you just quickly mention the major trouble areas you've experienced. You are obviously still bitter with Cadillac but I want to know how many miles were on it when you got it, how old was the previous owners etc.

I answered your "Would Canada fight?" question with honesty, now be honest with us.

lev
09-20-04, 06:15 PM
Ralph, I got my car @ 45K and it blew a rod @ 105K. One of the threads that I started says that in the heading. But just for the sake of argument, I went ahead and mentioned it here.

None of the problems were engine problem related. It was maintenance. Most of the malfunctions were with alternators, starters, engine tune, front end and other stuff you need to take care of that wears out simply due to time. A lot of "toys" on the car decided to give way, too (power windows, leveling shocks)

I am not bitter. May be in the future I will get another one...maybe...I am not carving it in stone though.

P.S. maybe if my Honda Civic blows a rod I will consider. :rolleyes2

Ralph
09-20-04, 06:25 PM
Ralph, I got my car @ 45K and it blew a rod @ 105K. One of the threads that I started says that in the heading. But just for the sake of argument, I went ahead and mentioned it here.

None of the problems were engine problem related. It was maintenance. Most of the malfunctions were with alternators, starters, engine tune, front end and other stuff you need to take care of that wears out simply due to time. A lot of "toys" on the car decided to give way, too (power windows, leveling shocks)

I am not bitter. May be in the future I will get another one...maybe...I am not carving it in stone though.

P.S. maybe if my Honda Civic blows a rod I will consider. :rolleyes2

Thank you for clarifying :) Your Honda will break down, anything mechanical will eventually.

lev
09-20-04, 06:35 PM
No, Ralph, not Honda.

They do NOT break down you hear me you....

They never break down :worship:

And if I put one spoiler on the back, one in the front, one on the roof and one inside, I will smoke any Lamborghini out there, you just see.

Ok, Ralph is like :cookoo:

Ralph
09-20-04, 06:49 PM
Ok, Ralph is like :cookoo:

:shhh: :hmm:

barge master
09-20-04, 09:51 PM
A Honda over a Caddy!!! The streets will flow with the blood of the non-believers!!! Into the guillotine with him. LOL!! Seriously Lev, I'm sorry the Caddy bled you white like that. It's tough owning an older car if you have to pay other people to fix it. I see the bills people get handed where I work and it makes my hair stand on end. Be sure you don't let that timing belt go, Hondas are valve benders. The distributors are known to fry too. I've seen a few where the rear ball joints got real bad and broke because nobody noticed either.

lev
10-13-04, 11:39 PM
I am reviving this thread because I just thought....

And I liked it....

So I thought some more....

And here it is?

How many of you who spent money on their Cadillac's maintenance, do it within your means? What I mean is, you pay some triple-digit sum to repair the car with the money you actually made, rather then borrowed (credit card). I was deep in credit card debt, but faithfully paid a fixed amount every month on all of my cards, but just as soon as some money was left over from bills and debts, boom, something else went bad on that car.

I am not raising a stink that everyone read and let go, I am simply telling you guys what my situation was.

So, once again, is there anybody out here whose Cadillac repairs/maintenance was within their means?