Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Still Get Compliments on My Six-Year-Old Car

2K views 25 replies 18 participants last post by  rand49er 
#1 ·
Not sure of the precise date, but my car was assembled about 50 miles from here almost exactly six years ago. We've got some rain moving in, so it's a dreary kind of day, but I just had to take a few pics after cleaning her up and before I put her away in semi-hibernation for the winter.

See less See more
#3 ·
That's one good lookin V. Nice pics.

#7 ·
"jr?" In two months I will have caught up with you. :cool:

Wife keeps telling me I can get a V2. Don't know why, but I prefer to keep this one. Goes like stink, handles great, sounds just right, only 53k on the clock. Maybe go Vette in ten years or so. We'll see.

Looking good Randy!

Last week, I had to move my car because of a movie shoot. It was only half a block and some guy chased me down after he heard her rumble awake.
Probably wondered why you didn't have headers. :histeric:

j/k, Tony. Thanks for your kind words.

Went to an annual black-tie dinner with my wife last Saturday night. Lots of doctors, surgeons, pediatricians, and spouses ... I was in the latter group. All the valets gave me a thumbsup and had big smiles on their faces when one of them brought my car back up from the parking lot. Guess the run-of-the-mill 5-Series, Lincolns, and Lexus cars got upstaged just a bit. :highfive:

#6 ·
Looking good Randy!

Last week, I had to move my car because of a movie shoot. It was only half a block and some guy chased me down after he heard her rumble awake.

#9 ·
Hey Randy, looks great. I was going to ask how many miles you have on there.

Yesterday I had to bring the car for inspection (6 year anniversary a week from tomorrow) and the guy started pulling it up and back, then stalled. When I got there he was asking me all about it until one of his coworkers told him it had a Vette engine.

Glad to hear you're keeping the V1!

#17 ·
Like I've always said Randy, you're V is a class act. You're good at picking the right mods. Sometimes it's what you don't put on your car that counts.

#19 ·
The LS6 emblem is actually individual letters/numbers some of us guys bought online four or five years ago. As I recall, the last couple of guys who ordered them through that same website got taken. Thank goodness it was only for about $10-15, but still ... :annoyed: (For those newbies who haven't done so already, you can remove emblems using dental floss or fishing line. Just FYI.)

Got the Supercharged emblem on eBay. Saw quite a few, but finally settled on this one. Pretty sure it's the same one found on the Chevy Cobalt from a few years ago.

Thanks, again, guys for the kind words on my absolutely shameless attempt to promote our 1st Gen V. I promise to return the favor as often as I can. :thumbsup:

#23 ·
Just checked my photobucket account, and the pics are not on there. Gonna have to get on the desktop in the other room where my several-hundred-V-photo collection resides, so it'll be tomorrow sometime.

This one's for you, Stepside ...

#22 ·
NOW, That's what I'm Talkin' bout ------ but closer, please.

For the record. I don't have FRCs either. Too, expensive & hard to find for a maggied V.

Don't have 'supercharged' emblem either . . got the 'S'uperman logo above the 'CTS' on the right side of trunk to indicated . . something is going on . .

:yawn: Come to think of it . . .:coffee: i don't have alot of the things Randy has . .
.:hmm: hmmm, well, he is my :bows: senior. . something to aspire towards. :cloud9:
V1 = Original = a good thing
and you have a cool car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.