: Yahoo!!. Finally!!

miwise
11-16-10, 03:36 PM
I finally finished my engine. It's studded and back in my car. The one bad cylinder is causing 0 issues http://tapa.tk/mu/a6c29c8f-dd25-dd5a.jpg

STSS
11-16-10, 03:48 PM
:banana::dance::excited::gnome::woohoo:

Congrats!

creeker
11-16-10, 06:00 PM
Good going, put your make and year of car in your bio.

miwise
11-17-10, 12:15 AM
Sure thing. Will do. Many many many thx to Jake. The Northstar all-star. :-). And everyone else who took time out of their busy day to explain stuff to me.

97EldoCoupe
11-17-10, 12:50 AM
Thanks my friend! Glad to hear she's running again! FWIW, you may notice a touch more oil consumption/plug fowling/compression loss on that one cylinder with the scratches. Depending on the depth of the scratches, it may hardly be noticeable. GM's rule of thumb is if you can catch your fingernail on the scratch, it needs attention. If not, let it go-

Congratulations - time to enjoy the WOT fun of a 32 valve V8 -

miwise
11-17-10, 01:48 AM
Yeah. It was probably borderline with the fingernail test. It runs very good and very powerful. The temp stays right in the middle andgoes up to the next tick from time to time. Everything seems normal. I'm gonna turn my attention now to the rest of the car. Shocks, leather on steering wheel, tie rods, and some paint on front and rear bumpers.

tateos
11-17-10, 12:32 PM
Check out the technical archive for a thread about some leather refinisher stuff - basically a spray paint that comes in OE colors. It will make your leather look like new - obviously will not fill in cracks or tears, but if the surface is intact, it will make the leather look like new.

Submariner409
11-17-10, 02:13 PM
Check out the technical archive for a thread about some leather refinisher stuff - basically a spray paint that comes in OE colors. It will make your leather look like new - obviously will not fill in cracks or tears, but if the surface is intact, it will make the leather look like new.

SEM leather renewal products. Used by every car dealer, used car lot, and detailer in the world.

miwise
11-17-10, 03:30 PM
Hmmm. I'll check into that. Thanks! I wanted to do the steering wheel bc the wood is immaculate still. Only the leather looks like trash. :( I found a used one but have to buy entire column for 88 dollars but the wood doesn't look as good as on mine. The leather is decent tho.