: Chrome Starting to peel off 22" Wheels

BDEVLIN
11-16-10, 12:56 PM
I have 49,750 on my truck. Took it to the dealer and they told me since it is not peeling off in large chunks they won't replace them under warranty. I then told them since I purchase the extended coverage for the wheels would they replace it through that program and I was told that type of stuff was not covered. That coverage is only if the wheel are damaged and cannot hold air. Of course that was not what I was told when I purchased the truck and the coverage. So with only 250 miles left what do I do cause after the winter I'm sure they will be really bad. Why is it so hard to get somethign replaced that has a warranty if there is obvious defects in the product. Does this sound right or am I getting the run around.

LeftLane
11-16-10, 01:05 PM
ask to have a gm rep meet you at the dealership and let him have it.They don't like replacing wheels because of the cost.I had two of mine replaced and the looked like they had been re-plated.They didn't look bad,but the didn't look new.

ESCALADE132
11-16-10, 05:16 PM
ITS BS!!! One of my back wheels started to peel on the inside and the other on just was barely starting to bubble. The dealership replace BOTH rims with NO hassle! They can in in 3 days and I took it in and they put on 2 BRAND NEW RIMS!!! I would RAISE HELL because this is a well known problem and have seen tons of people on here with their rims peeling/flaking. Most of them get them replaced with no problem, my dealer as I said replaced both of my rear rims, just had a driver's side headlight ($1100) and passenger side foglight lens/housing. These were 2 seperate dealerships and both replaced those parts with no problem. So there you have it, it comes down to the dealer, get them replaced it's covered under warranty!!
Good Luck

BDEVLIN
11-16-10, 05:55 PM
ok, I called and sent an email to the director of the dealership. So let's see where is goes. THanks

flasrx
11-16-10, 07:28 PM
I had two rims peeling and when to the dealership. The service rep went and got the manager and said replace all four at no cost. When they were changing the rims the machine cut one of the tires. Another tire had a cut road hazard cut in it(so they said). So they said we will replace the two tires at cost for $200 total. I had it in for a recall on the heated washer where GM paid us $100. The way I look at it, I got two brand new tires and four new rims for $100! It looks like the quality on the new rims is the same as before though, so hopefully I'll be able to upgrade to aftermarket rims before the start the peeling process.

BDEVLIN
11-18-10, 07:45 PM
Well agter exchanging a few emails with the director I'm going in tomorrow to get two new wheels. Let's see how it goes. THanks everyone for your help.

BDEVLIN
11-19-10, 08:01 PM
Thanks everyone for the advice. Got my 2 new wheels put on today. Yeaaa

pompousass
11-19-10, 09:11 PM
Are the new wheels suppose to be any beter?