: 1985 Fleetwood Brougham Coupe RWD & 1990 Brougham D'Elegance

gkapost
11-16-10, 02:58 AM
I am interested in taking the dashboard, digital instrument panel, interior seats (including carpet), engine and transmission from my 1990 Brougham D'Elegance for the 1985 Fleetwood Coupe. Is that remotely possible? Thanks.

1980coupe
11-16-10, 03:04 AM
I am interested in taking the dashboard, digital instrument panel, interior seats (including carpet), engine and transmission from my 1990 Brougham D'Elegance for the 1985 Fleetwood Coupe. Is that remotely possible? Thanks.

the dash will bolt up the same with the exception of the A/C ducts found behind the dash. The 85 A/C vents are on top of the radio in the center dash as the 90 A/C vents are to either side in this same area
The digital display will need some modification to make it work to the 85 wiring, there's a link on another site and if I can find it I'll post here for you.
regarding engine and trans....that I'm not to sure of due to different electrical components or sensors but it can be done. I read in another site that the rolling chassis was swapped out of a late 80s Brougham Coupe and replaced with the entire drive train of the 90 chassis.

sven914
11-16-10, 06:26 PM
The engine and transmission will swap with out any problem. Having a 4100 car, you already have the necessary in tank fuel pump, for a 5.7/350 swap. If you have the Oldsmobile engine, you don't need the in tank pump, and the 4100 uses the same transmission. With either engine, make sure your donor car has a functioning computer, and swap that into your Coupe.