: Numerous Q's

Lance Gundersen
11-15-10, 09:23 AM
First I did try searching but it seems to be all FUBAR :bonkers: I tried doing what the sticky said and I get this little column on the left with nothing relevent.

2003 Escalade AWD 6.0L 140K Miles Black.

- Double din stereo?? Is it a drop in? I had the bezel off looks pretty simple but best buys fitament says double din won't fit. I wont be using them I will buy locally but I will install.

- Heated seat. I see there is discussion on this. So my unique situation.
Passenger seats all work. Driver turns on for a sec and clicks off. I can repeat 50 times and still on and then off with a click. I pulled the door panel off to check the control and
its all good. So now what?

- Rear seatbelt recievers the plastic is all busted up where can I get new ones?

- Looking to put 22" rims on it any known issues?

- New air compressor and rear shocks but still seems kind of swayey on the highway any other idiot checks?

Thanks for your help!:cool2:

J-Ridez
11-15-10, 01:16 PM
I have a few answers for you:

As for the stereo - yes, double din and drops right in with the proper kit, very easy to do - just keep in mind if you're dropping in an aftermarket stereo that you need the proper harness and some harnesses have issues, I believe I went with the PAC harness and it works great with no issues at all. I think the harness was $130.

I have the same heated seat issue as you in my '03 and from all the research I have done it is the seat bottom element that is burned out and shorting out the passenger side every time you turn it on. I just bought a new seat bottom element from Rockauto.com for about 1/2 the price of gmdirectparts.com - w/shippping it came out to a little over $50 bucks. I plan on installing it this upcoming weekend and will do a write up on it for anyone that is interested since this seems to be a very common problem that a lot of people are hesitant about tackling themselves.

For the 22"s...LOL...with a rim that small you should be fine. I'm working with 24"s and only had to cut my inner wheel wells a little bit and aside from that I haven't had any other problems and my stock brakes have been holding up just fine.

Hopefully you find some of this info helpful.

Lance Gundersen
11-15-10, 02:29 PM
Doesn't sound too bad with the stereo what is this "PAC" harness a type or brand? I seem to recall people talking about loosing the dings and other odds and end. This true?

See with my driver seat the passenger side works awesomely well. But if that is what seems to be the culprit im game to try to fix it. I am very interested in your write up are you doing pictures? Ill PM you my email if you'd like.

Small?! lol yeah the 22's look like they will suffice and look good.

Thanks a ton on your reply the radio one gave me a headache!

CEPMAN
11-15-10, 10:20 PM
As for the radio, double DIN definitely. I did a write up on it (I was sure this was gonna be made into a sticky, but...... oh well)

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-1999/175469-how-install-double-din-aftermarket-head.html

You shold find all the info you need about the stereo and what you'll need for an install.

J-Ridez
11-16-10, 10:30 AM
Yes - PAC is the brand of the stereo harness, all the chimes work just as they should. The only reason why I mentioned the actual brand is because there are several different brands (i.e. soundgate, scosche..etc.) and PAC had the most positive feedback and was super easy to install - the only thing you'll lose is the ability to fade your front & rear speakers, but seriously - who really ever actually messes with that or the balance unless you're a super audiophile.

As for the seat thing - I'll see about posting pictures also. I'll let you know as soon as I get to it - hopefully it's going to be as easy as I think it's going to be...LOL

ChadKam
11-17-10, 03:12 PM
Yes - PAC is the brand of the stereo harness, all the chimes work just as they should. The only reason why I mentioned the actual brand is because there are several different brands (i.e. soundgate, scosche..etc.) and PAC had the most positive feedback and was super easy to install - the only thing you'll lose is the ability to fade your front & rear speakers, but seriously - who really ever actually messes with that or the balance unless you're a super audiophile.

As for the seat thing - I'll see about posting pictures also. I'll let you know as soon as I get to it - hopefully it's going to be as easy as I think it's going to be...LOL

I have the same issue with the seat heater on the driver side. Pictures would be awesome!

ChadKam
11-17-10, 03:17 PM
Found a video of the installation instructions while searching for the part on Rockauto.com.

J-Ridez, this might make your day easier this weekend.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1351609

J-Ridez
11-18-10, 10:54 AM
Found a video of the installation instructions while searching for the part on Rockauto.com.

J-Ridez, this might make your day easier this weekend.

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1351609

Good looking out - I found a vid on Youtube also for taking apart GM truck seats that I've watched a few times and pretty much memorized it...LOL